Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ImageEpoch President missing? Company sites offline...

ImageEpoch President missing? Company sites offline...

I don't recall if we were talking about this here or not, but there were rumors that ImageEpoch was closing. Turns out, they may be true. The President of ImageEpoch, Ryoei Mikage, is "missing" and no one can seem to get a hold of him. Idea Factory's President tweeted out looking for him and to have anyone that can get in touch with him contact IF. ImageEpoch websites are down, and calling their office yields a disconnected phone message.

http://kotaku.com/japanese-game-exec...him-1695445689

What do you guys think? Especially since they developed Stella Glow.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

+

And he will be found in no time.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 04-03-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    That's really weird. People tend to disappear when they owe someone a lot of money.

Is it really the end for old Poochy? At least Atlus got that contract before they dropped off the face of the earth? Hope that they've already got all of the stuff that they need to finish the localization. I really like Image Poochy and would be sad to see them gone for good.

Of course, it could just be a temporary hardware / network outage and it's completely unrelated to Mikage's disappearance. Or maybe he's in the server room trying to bring things back online and can't get good cell reception.

lol I guess the the Pooch's debacle ensues, I thought the smoke was clearing after the stream of good news we've been getting but now Mikage had to pull a Sandiego on us. My guess? He contacted Vic and they went out for a few drinks maybe some late night partying somewhere in the Caribbean XD.

Seriously though what the hell is going on with IE, I can't see this ending well but I guess we'll at least be getting Stella Glow. I would have loved to see them work on something for the Vita or PS4. In the end, let's hope for the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aristides; 04-03-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    gag.jpg

lol I guess the the Pooch's debacle ensues, I thought the smoke was clearing after the stream of good news we've been getting but now Mikage had to pull a Sandiego on us. My guess? He contacted Vic and they went out for a few drinks maybe some late night partying somewhere in the Caribbean XD.

Seriously though what the hell is going on with IE, I can't see this ending well but I guess we'll at least be getting Stella Glow. I would have loved to see them work on something for the Vita or PS4. In the end, let's hope for the best.
    I wonder if Vic was in talks for any ImageEpoch games?
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

My eyes....they burn...

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Not sure, though that would have been awesome, practically all of IE's non-localized PSP titles were on the great PSP localization list thread so I wouldn't be surprised if Vic hadn't opened communications with them at some point in the past.

Another thing about this whole mess that I find wired is the site, I had visited it just this week as I still keep track of JRPG.jp, it seemed normal I mean last post was in February. Sites are rented on a yearly basis rather than a monthly one so what the hell?

Imageepoch was above average for a JRPG developer these days and I'd be sad to see them go. It's really not looking promising at this point though. Their offices being available for rent, their web site having been down for an extended period and now the president of the company has gone missing. With realism goggles on I would say the company is dead and Stella Glow will be their final release.

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Not sure, though that would have been awesome, practically all of IE's non-localized PSP titles were on the great PSP localization list thread so I wouldn't be surprised if Vic hadn't opened communications with them at some point in the past.

Another thing about this whole mess that I find wired is the site, I had visited it just this week as I still keep track of JRPG.jp, it seemed normal I mean last post was in February. Sites are rented on a yearly basis rather than a monthly one so what the hell?
    He was openly fairly critical of their direction over the past few years. My guess is that if he did pursue a few of their PSP games at one time, he didn't get too far, and then no longer had interest. I don't think that any IE games were the "sekret game" game though. However, the 7th Dragon series is owned by SEGA, so there always is the possibility. I'd still love it if we got those games. I guess that there are about half a dozen IE RPGs that we could still possibly see on the PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    Imageepoch was above average for a JRPG developer these days and I'd be sad to see them go. It's really not looking promising at this point though. Their offices being available for rent, their web site having been down for an extended period and now the president of the company has gone missing. With realism goggles on I would say the company is dead and Stella Glow will be their final release.
    I think that, in spite of IE's criticisms, they made a better attempt at making traditional RPGs for modern systems than most companies have. Even if they were not always epics, they still made several solid games.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast