Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Summon Night 5 and Class of Heroes 3 Announcement Thread

WAUW amazing news!
    Hopefully a physical release for both! (will buy both twice promise to the gods of gaming i will!)

Quote Originally Posted by rollycone View Post
    I know about that, but I meant the names (The names of places, people from Summon Night 1/2 who cameo in both SCS1/2 and SN5, game terms ect.). Will シルターン still be "Silturn" for example.
    I would sure hope so.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I'm so stoked for Summon Night 5 (I'm shocked it was 5, i thought it would be 3) and i hope the physical poll goes through because i love the box art for SN 5. It also looks like we may get Summon Night before Class of Heroes 3. And at the bottom of SN 5's page i quoted this " However, we’re going to make that decision really hard as we have even more collector will-breaking secrets planned for this set’s packaging"

Sounds like a LE in the works ? i don't even think Japan got a LE for SN 5.

a tactical role playing game and a dungeon crawler. not too shabby,vic you certainly delivered even though it took long enough to reveal.i personally will buy summon night.since i'm a fan of tactics
    i'm currently still playing tears to tiara 2 and boy i have already clocked more than 100 hrs on it XD

btw,vita tv compatibility is a must,do it ireland!
    Last edited by perrandy; 04-23-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    Question time!:

1. Do you plan to go backwards and release the older SN games as well after 5 is out? It would be strange, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
    2. Other then SN and CoH, are we now out of luck at seeing other PSP titles/series come over?
    3. I assume the license is through Namco Bandai, instead of via Felistella? In what ways does this help with future opportunities (do they own a number of properties your interested in or something)?
    1. Possible, but less likely given where we'll be once SN5 is out.
    2. We are still trying to get other PSP RPGs before the window closes. Manufacturing is still open, though the lead time will get longer later this year, but Sony still supporting the platform is good news.
    3. Yes, the license is with BandaiNamco. It is a big opportunity, so we're really hoping fans spread the word on this so SN5 does especially well which will open doors to other, even better properties that would otherwise be stuck in Japan.

I haven't played any regular Summon Night games, but Swordcraft Story 1 and 2 are among my all-time favorites.
    How are they related? I seem to recall looking it up once and deciding that the regular SN games weren't for me. Maybe they're strategy RPGs?

ETA: Just checked. Yeah, they're strategy games

Any chance of a translation of Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 3? That'd rock so hard
    Last edited by Kimiko_0; 04-23-2015 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Vic, as for the localization, how far would you say (roughly) are you through those 45,000 lines of dialogue?

I'm assuming CoH3 is done in that department (?), but if enough people are willing to buy SN5, how big of a task is the actual localization going to be still?

Also, I'm new to the Summon Night series. What would you say are its strong points? I'm assuming you like the dialogues (otherwise you'd probably not take on this daunting task), and the replayability (from what I make of your description on the website). But how is the battle system unique for example?
    We do multiple passes on the game when localizing to refine the dialogue. On SN5, first pass is about 80% done, second pass is about 35% done, and we still have some technical issues to clear while that's going on. But don't discount CoH3 - it's a huge task as well. Easily triple the dialogue of CoH2.

The game has great dialogue in service of an interesting story, and the battle system is no slouch, either. There are lots of ways to attack each battle because you have various weapons that you can switch in and out during the battle (if you have them), plus skills, plus summons, plus co-op attacks. Stacking them is where things get interesting. You can also enhance weapons with attributes. Plus the graphics are very rewarding when you unleash the attacks. But it all flows very nicely, so you can move through battles quickly if you want to skip attack animations, etc. I love SRPGs, and this is a very nice system.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    ALSO: Licensing from Bamco gives me an incredible sense of false hope for **** like all of the PSP Tales of games we never got... (ToP:NDX, ToPX,ToD2,ToE,ToR,TotW2+3,ToVs)
    We are dreamers of a similar ilk. But we really need to ramp up the support for SN5 to prove what we can do and get there.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    How far along are the projects?
    Will the releases be fairly close together?
    Which one will be first?

And most of all, is any dubbing expected for either? I doubt it, but it'd be a nice surprise.

I'm excited, and from what I saw of 3, you did the right thing by starting with 5. If you might only get one shot, go for the gold.
    They both have a LOT of text. SN5 is further along than CoH3. Releases will probably be at least a few months apart. No budget for dubbing on either, we need to get into the 25-30k unit range before that becomes do-able again. I'd like to think we can get SN5 into the teens or low 20's, but CoH3 will probably be around 10k, so yeah, no budget for voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuupopopo View Post
    Are Class of Heroes 3 and Summon Night 5 getting a PlayStation TV support, too? (And, in case of possible EU release, Class of Heroes 2, too)?
    There shouldn't be anything preventing that. The issue we've had with CoH2 seems to be purely administrative with the whitelist. Hopefully it will be clear soon.

Page 6 of 185 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast