Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 things you shouldn't do past the age of 30 (article)

Yep. A friend of mine has Multiple Sclerosis and his doctor said that playing video games would increase his reaction and mental state with hand/eye coordination. So video games can be beneficial for certain health conditions.

So past 30 I can't eat fast food, dress like a slob and drive reckelss but under 30 I'm ok to do all those things? Why didn't someone tell me before?

The second we all turn 30, it's frowned upon. Too late for me! But I'm young at heart so I could care less about the articles' more silly points. The other ones are more common knowledge but we all mature financially and personally on our own terms.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Video games are on there but the internet isn't?

I think the editor left that out because the Internet is so severely (rightfully so) intertwined into our daily lives that we can't avoid it anymore.

About half of those apply to many male grown-ups, some of whom are very responsible and/or wealthy, at various times in their over 30 lives, if not constantly. This seems like a clickbait article.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Yep. A friend of mine has Multiple Sclerosis and his doctor said that playing video games would increase his reaction and mental state with hand/eye coordination. So video games can be beneficial for certain health conditions.
    I'm pining for the day prescriptions can be written for video games. Then we can do commercials like the hover-round and catheter delivery and feature call-center Jonathan and Alex Trebek to say things like, "Do you have xxxxxxx? Did you know that you can be sent videogames, free of charge, to improve your condition? Medi-cal and Medicare covered parties can call 1-888-games4u and have free therapeutic RPG and action games sent to them monthly."

If only...

Nintendo is supposedly getting into the Health field with their Quality of Life platform (whatever that is!)

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    About half of those apply to many male grown-ups, some of whom are very responsible and/or wealthy, at various times in their over 30 lives, if not constantly. This seems like a clickbait article.
    It's on askmen. You'll find similar articles in women's magazines, where the editor, probably a person in their late 40s carrying a huge backpack of regrets (about wearing the wrong shoes to a diner 15 years ago and such), claims to be the shining beacon that will guide the clueless twentysomething woman. People really shouldn't be telling other people how to live their lives. Part of the charm of living is making some mistakes yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    At least skateboarding isn't on there.

But, really, nobody should constantly play videogames.
    Wait, do you mean to tell me that doing any single task for 48 hours (the hours listed) might be detrimental? *shocked brain blown*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast