Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: 10 things you shouldn't do past the age of 30 (article)

  1. #21
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,438
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    It's on askmen. You'll find similar articles in women's magazines, where the editor, probably a person in their late 40s carrying a huge backpack of regrets (about wearing the wrong shoes to a diner 15 years ago and such), claims to be the shining beacon that will guide the clueless twentysomething woman. People really shouldn't be telling other people how to live their lives. Part of the charm of living is making some mistakes yourself.
    I wish we had a clapping emoticon, I would use that right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    148
    Surprised that "using your journalism degree to write worthless bite sized clickbait articles with no artistic, informative or investigative merits" isn't on there.

  3. #23
    Senior Member DeadElf_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJS82 View Post
    Surprised that "using your journalism degree to write worthless bite sized clickbait articles with no artistic, informative or investigative merits" isn't on there.
    That about sums up what journalism is turning into though.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    That about sums up what journalism is turning into though.
    It really is, ad revenue is the driving force of the internet right now and these types of articles generate clicks. Doesn't mean I have to like it though, I'll just continue being a dinosaur and forcing people to listen to how things were better back in the day when people created content for the net because they wanted to and weren't as profit driven.

  5. #25
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    huh, I thought there was a rule against list posts. maybe that was on the old board.

    damn where did the time go? where am I again. Is this what it feels like to get old? :S

    that's maybe one of the dumbest top 10 things lists I've read though.

  6. #26
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    huh, I thought there was a rule against list posts. maybe that was on the old board.

    damn where did the time go? where am I again. Is this what it feels like to get old? :S

    that's maybe one of the dumbest top 10 things lists I've read though.
    There are, but this isn't really a list post so much as ridiculing a ridiculous article.

  7. #27
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    I saw something recently. I wanted to share it, but wasn't quite sure where. Was thinking about putting it in the pinball thread, but this thread is way more appropriate for it.
    what shouldn't you do after the age of 30?
    I think this pic sums it up pretty well

    when I saw this backglass for the first time, I thought the table's theme was 'mid life crisis' because WTF lol

  8. #28
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    I saw something recently. I wanted to share it, but wasn't quite sure where. Was thinking about putting it in the pinball thread, but this thread is way more appropriate for it.
    what shouldn't you do after the age of 30?
    I think this pic sums it up pretty well

    when I saw this backglass for the first time, I thought the table's theme was 'mid life crisis' because WTF lol
    There is a lot of mildly to wildly inappropriate pinball art in the 70's and early 80's.

  9. #29
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    There is a lot of mildly to wildly inappropriate pinball art in the 70's and early 80's.
    The only inappropriate art here is the mullet man pushing 40 gleaming the cube
    its like peering into the soul of an artist tormented by the fact he's past his prime.
    it looks like the model used for the skateboarder was originally holding a cane. I'm left wondering if the poor man broke his hip holding that pose.

    the only pinball art more inappropriate is the fact the Night Rider pin spells Knight Rider wrong and doesn't feature David Hasslehoff or a black Firebird on it.

  10. #30
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    The only inappropriate art here is the mullet man pushing 40 gleaming the cube
    its like peering into the soul of an artist tormented by the fact he's past his prime.
    it looks like the model used for the skateboarder was originally holding a cane. I'm left wondering if the poor man broke his hip holding that pose.

    the only pinball art more inappropriate is the fact the Night Rider pin spells Knight Rider wrong and doesn't feature David Hasslehoff or a black Firebird on it.
    Futurespa is pretty bad, both the backglass and the playfield, and Genesis (the pin) is a big WTH? There are tons more as bad or worse in the 70's and 80's.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •