Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: In the beginning there was Ebay. Then Ebay+Paypal. Now they split!

  1. #1
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,262

    In the beginning there was Ebay. Then Ebay+Paypal. Now they split!

    I know this news was first brought to light in January, but the separation is supposed to happen in the second half of 2015.

    http://blog.ebay.com/ebay-inc-separa...ompanies-2015/

    I wonder what this means for fee % when buying/selling on Ebay!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Missile!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    281
    I'm sure the cut the take from you when selling will be much, much bigger.

  3. #3
    Senior Member ErickRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    I'm sure the cut the take from you when selling will be much, much bigger.
    Yet people will still use it. Meanwhile I can't sell my games at 50% market value elsewhere.
    Last edited by ErickRPG; 05-02-2015 at 10:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,834
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    Yet people will still use it. Meanwhile I can't sell my games at 50% market value elsewhere.
    The great conundrum.

  5. #5
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,950
    So will you be able to pay with something other than paypal in the future?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    As of right now Ebay still takes less than Amazon and is the best platform to get top dollar so they are pretty reasonable. I would hope the fees don't go up if at all though. Ebay can easily continue to thrive on 10% with their volume.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  7. #7
    Senior Member ErickRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    As of right now Ebay still takes less than Amazon and is the best platform to get top dollar so they are pretty reasonable. I would hope the fees don't go up if at all though. Ebay can easily continue to thrive on 10% with their volume.
    Thriving isn't enough for them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,472
    Yeah, basically the only reason to list on ebay is because you have the eyeballs of the world on it. There is no way to get more exposure than through ebay.

    I had a duplicate of a rarer LD-ROMROM I didn't want and knew there would be someone on ebay that would pay for it. It might have taken months to find someone interested and sell it otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    Thriving isn't enough for them.
    We will see. They haven't raised fees in awhile. If they go much higher then other sites become a more attractive option.

    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Yeah, basically the only reason to list on ebay is because you have the eyeballs of the world on it. There is no way to get more exposure than through ebay.

    I had a duplicate of a rarer LD-ROMROM I didn't want and knew there would be someone on ebay that would pay for it. It might have taken months to find someone interested and sell it otherwise.
    Indeed. It's actually becoming less necessary with most "retro" games. Though you pay for the Ebay price ceiling (doesn't seem to be a ceiling for some games these days) on those. I'd never want to sell anime anywhere else though.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ErickRPG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    We will see. They haven't raised fees in awhile. If they go much higher then other sites become a more attractive option.

    This is what I'm hoping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •