Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a man!? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk! Have at you!

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night by Koji Igarashi

I got this weird email yesterday from Comcept (Mighty No. 9) that hints at an Igarashi project. There was nothing in the body of the email except for a link to this image:

I know that there have been some ramblings on the web about this, but I just thought it amusing that they sent me an email with that link.

Sword, or whip? "But enough talk! Have at you!"

http://swordorwhip.com/
    Last edited by zborgerd; 05-12-2015 at 02:09 AM. Reason: What is a man!? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk! Have at you! (Changed title)

Oh yeah. Gotta watch this. http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/8/8573...y-of-the-night

The fact that Ben Judd is involved, as with the Mighty No. 9 launch, indicates that this is all about creators defecting from their former companies and running with their updated vision of a classic franchise.

And, for the record, I voted for "sword" since SoTN is probably my favorite.

I chose the sword last week when this came up, I hope it turns out to be something good with all this hype.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

I want as much quality Castlevania as we can get. I heard the GBA and DS Castlevania games, despite being loved by nearly everyone that bought them, weren't exactly pulling in a lot of money.

I voted sword but knew I'd feel dirty afterwards regardless of which I chose.

I'm pretty stoked about this. I consider the Castlevania series among the finest ever made and Konami's games have been nothing but disappointments lately. A spiritual successor under a different name and from a different company is probably the only chance it has moving forward. The story of Castlevania is rubbish anyway so not being able to make the games canon doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    The fact that Ben Judd is involved, as with the Mighty No. 9 launch, indicates that this is all about creators defecting from their former companies and running with their updated vision of a classic franchise.
    We'll have to see if Inafune (and potentially Igarashi) actually delivers.

YESSSSS Mighty No. Vania.
    I'm really excited about this too.
    I'm very happy that Castlevania - Symphony of the Night was the first of 7 action adventure exporation Castlevanias. I would be happy to take 7 more like those.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    We'll have to see if Inafune (and potentially Igarashi) actually delivers.
    Very true. It's still too early to tell if the hype pays off, but these guys have a lot riding on their success... Basically their entire career.

I don't think that Inafune could possibly handle Mighty No. 9 being a failure. We've seen a lot of Mega Man games from Inti Creates, including the recent retro throwbacks, and they were great though. Inafune and Inti Creates basically are, and have been Mega Man for years now.

Voted Whip because I remember playing a lot of Harmony of Despair, and I always preferred the Belmonts over the other characters.

Too bad we never happened to play the game that shows how Julius effectively killed Dracula.

Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast