Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem

Anyone get into this series? I know it dates back to the original NES days and was one of (if not the) first SRPGs to have permanent character deaths.

I have Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (DS) and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii), but other than that, haven't gotten into the series as much.

In contrast, I think I prefer the classic Shining Force games for fun factor

I've mentioned it before but I really only greatly enjoyed the two Tellius games. Shadow Dragon was decent.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Anyone get into this series? I know it dates back to the original NES days and was one of (if not the) first SRPGs to have permanent character deaths.

I have Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (DS) and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Wii), but other than that, haven't gotten into the series as much.

In contrast, I think I prefer the classic Shining Force games for fun factor
    FE Awakening is very worth getting

I plan on getting it, but I always allocate funds to something else. I should have gotten it last year when Best Buy had a sale for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    FE Awakening is very worth getting
    Terrible game. I wouldn't pay more than $10.

I actually have never played a Fire Emblem game. Combine that with never playing Suikoden, and only briefly playing Persona 2... they seem to be the big three series I am currently not well versed in. The more I see Fire Emblem, the more I want to play them... they are just on the backburner along with a ton of other games.

I'd move the Tellius games to the top. So good.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    I actually have never played a Fire Emblem game. Combine that with never playing Suikoden, and only briefly playing Persona 2... they seem to be the big three series I am currently not well versed in. The more I see Fire Emblem, the more I want to play them... they are just on the backburner along with a ton of other games.
    I've briefly played the original Suikoden and have played through at least half of Persona 2, but otherwise I'm about where you are.

I would probably play a Fire Emblem game if I found one for the right price, but most are pretty collectible. I'll probably pick up the 3DS game if I don't wait on it for too long.

I am only missing the Wii release (which I should get sooner rather than later). I have played a few of them, but I can't seem to finish them. I always compare them to Shining Force games, or other SRPG games, and need to learn to experience them as their own game.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I've briefly played the original Suikoden and have played through at least half of Persona 2, but otherwise I'm about where you are.
    I have only briefly played Persona, and P4G (though I understand the hook on P4G isn't that far in). I love the Suikoden series, though I stopped halfway through IV.
    Last edited by ramzastrife; 05-17-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I am only missing the Wii release (which I should get sooner rather than later). I have played a few of them, but I can't seem to finish them. I always compare them to Shining Force games, or other SRPG games, and need to learn to experience them as their own game.

I have only briefly played Persona, and P4G (though I understand the hook on P4G isn't that far in). I love the Suikoden series, though I stopped halfway through IV.
    /Gasp!
    You mean you haven't played Suikoden V?!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast