Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G for PSN in Final QA at Sony

Class of Heroes 2G for PSN in Final QA at Sony

We finally have the technical problems worked out and the PSN version of Class of Heroes 2G is in final QA at Sony. If all goes well, it can be on PSN in a couple weeks. I'll post an update once it passes FQA, because at that point we're all clear and just waiting for it to show up on PSN.

What's delayed this game so much and caused you so much trouble with getting the game through Sony QA? Old code and integration of the new dual-screen feature in the game? Other digital releases through Sony seem to go through a lot faster when it comes to other pubs like NiSA, Atlus, Aksys, XSEED/Marvelous USA, etc. so I'm curious to know why it's taken so long to get an already "finished" game to PSN when the physical version didn't seem to meet as many problems on its way to release.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    What's delayed this game so much and caused you so much trouble with getting the game through Sony QA? Old code and integration of the new dual-screen feature in the game? Other digital releases through Sony seem to go through a lot faster when it comes to other pubs like NiSA, Atlus, Aksys, XSEED/Marvelous USA, etc. so I'm curious to know why it's taken so long to get an already "finished" game to PSN when the physical version didn't seem to meet as many problems on its way to release.
    Technical issues due to the stuff we added and some of the differences between a digital game and a disk based game internally. A fair amount of it was because we hadn't done a digital PS3 game before and didn't understand that there WAS a difference internally in a number of key areas. We got it worked out, and what we learned will hopefully come in handy for future PS3/PS4 games that we transition from physical to PSN release.

Also, I wanted to say the in-game manual in the PSN version is a beautiful representation of the physical one. Really turned out nice.

Does it come with digital stickers too? :P

Anyway, glad this is finally coming together and that you'll be able to direct your full attention towards SN5 and CoH3.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Technical issues due to the stuff we added and some of the differences between a digital game and a disk based game internally. A fair amount of it was because we hadn't done a digital PS3 game before and didn't understand that there WAS a difference internally in a number of key areas. We got it worked out, and what we learned will hopefully come in handy for future PS3/PS4 games that we transition from physical to PSN release.

Also, I wanted to say the in-game manual in the PSN version is a beautiful representation of the physical one. Really turned out nice.
    Speaking of in-game manuals, I noticed there is an option for implementing manuals into PSP games for viewing directly on the PSP - what are the chances of us seeing current/future games from you use that functionality? It seems seldom used (or at all!) so it'd be cool (and extra convenient) to see it used for some of the last PSP releases.

Very glad to hear that now that the process has been worked out your future releases should go a lot faster. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    Speaking of in-game manuals, I noticed there is an option for implementing manuals into PSP games for viewing directly on the PSP - what are the chances of us seeing current/future games from you use that functionality? It seems seldom used (or at all!) so it'd be cool (and extra convenient) to see it used for some of the last PSP releases.

Very glad to hear that now that the process has been worked out your future releases should go a lot faster. Keep up the good work.
    The reason it was/is seldom used on PSP is, unlike the PS3, the PSP in-game manuals have a completely different layout, orientation, and aspect ratio. It basically requires two complete manuals be made, one physical, and one digital, with two completely different layouts and page counts. It's just too much work for too little benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Does it come with digital stickers too? :P

Anyway, glad this is finally coming together and that you'll be able to direct your full attention towards SN5 and CoH3.
    We'll still be a little divided until we get the European version on PSN...

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We'll still be a little divided until we get the European version on PSN...
    Is the situation still the same with both versions? I really want the PSP version to make it through here, too, after all this waiting.

Sweet! I'll be buying the day it goes live.

Can you say yet what the digital version's pricing will be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast