Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem

What is Tellius?

I also only buy Pal exclusives not released in the US, otherwise I avoid them. I find most ugly with the stamps and whatnot, but I figure it's second nature to those who live in that region (to collect)

Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Not like I was talking about recently.
    Missed that at Sears. I've not gone in very much in recent years since they have basically got rid of everything I went in for. I did stumble upon their sales/clearance on the games a few months back. Went in each week as more was cleared out.

So you simply could have said this:

Tellius is a continent and the main setting of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It appears to be a peninsula, with ocean to the north, south and west. To the east, Tellius connects with a mainland that extends for an unknown distance. However, Tellius (and the nearby kingdom of Hatari) are believed to be the only sources of life not destroyed by a cataclysmic flood.

Tellius contains several nations, each ruled by a single ruler and, in some cases, powerful senators from each duchy of the land. At the end of Radiant Dawn, either Yune or Ashunera watches over the continent as well.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Tellius

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    UK copy. IMPURE. Ergo, worthless. Yukyukyuk.

I do try to avoid European copies at all cost though. Only exceptions are for exclusives, which pains me. I will say that I always did dig the Euro Dreamcast cases. They are so ridiculous, unique and weird. Just like the Dreamcast, so it fits.

You bring up a very good point though, the best time to buy these games is when they are being cleared out. Sears couldn't even freaking get rid of copies of Radiant Dawn back in the day.

Have you beat it on hard yet?
    I still need to find an EU copy of Terranigma (lol) and Shenmue II on DC. Speaking of this, what other EU rpg/rpglikes did NA not get? I have Breath of Fire III, Tales of Eternia, and White Knight Chronicles Origin on PSP, but other than that have largely stayed out of the territory before my purchase of Ranko's.

Speaking of cases, I really dig the Japanese Playstation cases, they are a little fat, but I like them.
    Last edited by ramzastrife; 05-17-2015 at 04:16 PM.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Yeah Sears is gutted. Sears and KMart were forced out of selling video games.

And my point was if you weren't collecting during the time when these games were in print it's difficult to get them without spending a fair bit of money (for a video game compared to other games from the same time period).

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I still need to find an EU copy of Terranigma (lol) and Shenmue II on DC. Speaking of this, what other EU rpg/rpglikes did NA not get? I have Breath of Fire III, Tales of Eternia, and White Knight Chronicles Origin on PSP, but other than that have largely stayed out of the territory before my purchase of Ranko's.
    Shenmue II EU is one of those that has always had value, even before a lot of games shot up. Completely worth it too, the US release on Xbox (esp the dub) is awful.

It's getting worse though, if you see one for $70 or so I'd snap buy it.

I'm glad I got an EU copy of the first game to go with it many years ago when it could be had for cheap.

I can't think of anything else that didn't get released in the US at all off the top of my head, but Tales of Graces f has a LE that is EU only.

@Storino: By the same token, you could have just checked yourself. It wasn't that hard to click. :P
    Last edited by Gypsy; 05-17-2015 at 04:21 PM.

UK copy. IMPURE. Ergo, worthless. Yukyukyuk.

I do try to avoid European copies at all cost though. Only exceptions are for exclusives, which pains me. I will say that I always did dig the Euro Dreamcast cases. They are so ridiculous, unique and weird. Just like the Dreamcast, so it fits.

You bring up a very good point though, the best time to buy these games is when they are being cleared out. Sears couldn't even freaking get rid of copies of Radiant Dawn back in the day.

Have you beat it on hard yet?
    The only Fire Emblem game I've beaten so far is the first Fire Emblem on GBA.

I really don't mind the PEGI rating logos on our boxes. I honestly don't get how for example the left cover is "better" than the right. (Not talking about the artwork obviously, and don't you start or I'll flash the US ICO box art!! You will not be able to unsee it!)

And my point was if you weren't collecting during the time when these games were in print it's difficult to get them without spending a fair bit of money (for a video game compared to other games from the same time period).
    Why was that?
    Last I was in Kmart they still had a small section. Where Sears has 2 things.
    Yea, I grabbed up some as GS cleared out. Had I realized the prices would go nuts I would have grabbed others obviously.

Don't mind that logo myself. The colored German ones are a bit silly but if I means spending a bunch less I really don't care.

Oh I don't care about the rating logos. I just don't want EU copies because they don't match with my US games.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Why was that?
    Last I was in Kmart they still had a small section. Where Sears has 2 things.
    Yea, I grabbed up some as GS cleared out. Had I realized the prices would go nuts I would have grabbed others obviously.
    Not sure, just what I heard. Probably because they weren't selling enough.

I literally filled a huge bag with GBA games when they had them at 75% off. Lol.

Shenmue II EU is one of those that has always had value, even before a lot of games shot up. Completely worth it too, the US release on Xbox (esp the dub) is awful.

It's getting worse though, if you see one for $70 or so I'd snap buy it.

I'm glad I got an EU copy of the first game to go with it many years ago when it could be had for cheap.

I can't think of anything else that didn't get released in the US at all off the top of my head, but Tales of Graces f has a LE that is EU only.

@Storino: By the same token, you could have just checked yourself. It wasn't that hard to click. :P
    Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together both got EU exclusive LEs iirc. I am not so much concerned with exclusive LEs, I mean I would get them if I can find them for a resonable price, as I am with the actual exclusives.

I think EU is getting a physical Jump Stars Vs.+ Vita release where we are getting that as digital (we are still getting physical PS3/PS4).
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast