Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem

My favorite was the Fire Emblem on GBA, Sacred Stones. Still have my copy. I'll admit it's not normal for a Fire Emblem to allow free battle grinding. But one of the things I love to do is take all of my favorite characters and grind level them for the final battle. I liked but not loved the 3DS one, mainly because I'm OCD some times and I hate that you can have children. I stopped playing because I couldn't decide who to marry who, and the children created too saturated of a force. I also don't like that you can chose difficulty and also download DLC so you can grind on hard mode. I hated that in SMTIV also.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    You mean you don't want to drop $150++ on the Tellius games? For shame.

Yeah the reprint has helped a little, but I'd get it before it goes back up if you want it.

Hard to blame you with the current prices. I netted Radiant Dawn for free (in that big DS/Wii bundle I posted about here awhile back) and paid $60 for Path of Radiance before it exploded. Both are relatively expensive series.

Persona is a highly overrated series. First couple games are basically hot garbage.
    Persona 1 & 2> 3 & 4

Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    Persona 1 & 2> 3 & 4
    Are you talking story here, because the game mechanics of the first two Persona games have aged quite badly? It's really old and tired game design.

Anyways speaking of Fire Emblem, Awakening is garbage, it was dumbed down to cater to the casuals.

Best Fire Emblems imo are Tharica 776, Mystery of The Emblem, and Genealogy of the Holy War.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Are you talking story here, because the game mechanics of the first two Persona games have aged quite badly? It's really old and tired game design.
    I'm talking both, both games have waaaaay better stories and i prefer the gameplay of 1 & 2. Persona 3 & 4 turned the series into a social link dating sim.

Edit: And not only that but they took away the darkness that made the first 2 games awesome.

Persona 1 & 2> 3 & 4
    Nawwww. Now I really don't think 3 & 4 are that great games by any means, but...

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Wiley really nails it here. 1 and 2 are poorly designed games that I would recommend to no one.

Anyways speaking of Fire Emblem, Awakening is garbage, it was dumbed down to cater to the casuals.

Best Fire Emblems imo are Tharica 776, Mystery of The Emblem, and Genealogy of the Holy War.
    I agree, but can't resist posting this pic.

The Jugdral games are alright from what I played. Did you play with a translation patch? I feel like with Tales and FE it's just 2cool4school to say the games that were never released in the US are the best. Most people say it without having played them and it's hard to get a realistic consensus on them because most US fans haven't played them.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I'm talking both, both games have waaaaay better stories and i prefer the gameplay of 1 & 2. Persona 3 & 4 turned the series into a social link dating sim.

Edit: And not only that but they took away the darkness that made the first 2 games awesome.
    Is there nostalgia involved here? I think P1 and both P2s had a lot of great ideas, the execution however was... @_@ well it left a lot to be desired IMO. I got far on all of them but I couldn't bring myself to finish them at all, the tedium was too great. I'd like to play EP again though, the reason I had to stop was because of a scratched disk, I enjoyed my time from what I played though.

I only played the GBA games, the crappy one on DS and Awakening...

Anyway, the Persona comparison up there kind of makes sense. Awakening was quite simplified, a lot of focus was placed on the marriages, and the difficulty was weird. Normal (or Easy) is like using the White Tanooki suit on Super Mario 3D Land, Normal was still pretty easy, Lunatic was gigantic difficulty spike and Lunatic + was too save scummy for my tastes.

I really liked Awakening, one of the better 3DS games I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Is there nostalgia involved here? I think P1 and both P2s had a lot of great ideas, the execution however was... @_@ well it left a lot to be desired IMO. I got far on all of them but I couldn't bring myself to finish them at all, the tedium was too great. I'd like to play EP again though, the reason I had to stop was because of a scratched disk, I enjoyed my time from what I played though.
    No i just prefer the darkness and gameplay and especially the story (I still think Persona 2 is the best Persona game made to date)of the first 2 Persona's, i liked 3 & 4 but didn't like how they changed the series and I know i'm in the minority here, especially since most new Persona fans started the series with 3 & 4 so i can see how it would be difficult to go back.

@Gypsy hahaha funny pic like always xD

Never heard the term "Jugdral" before, i own all 3 on reproduction carts and i think the 16bit fire emblems are the best.
    Last edited by Yamasura; 05-19-2015 at 06:05 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast