Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem

I do have a lot of nostalgia for Persona. Compared to the other RPGs I was playing it was really different. Had a 1st person exploration element, and the dark setting with school life mixed in was really cool. But I also think it's just a game that's more up my alley. I prefer games in the PSX and PS2 days before the more anime style RPGs started rising at the end of the PS2 era. Because I felt many of those titles lacked something.

^ Thats why i enjoyed the first Persona game so much, i love 1st person dungeon crawls and i wish Atlus would make a Persona like that again. (I know it'll never happen though)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    No i just prefer the darkness and gameplay and especially the story (I still think Persona 2 is the best Persona game made to date)of the first 2 Persona's, i liked 3 & 4 but didn't like how they changed the series and I know i'm in the minority here, especially since most new Persona fans started the series with 3 & 4 so i can see how it would be difficult to go back.

@Gypsy hahaha funny pic like always xD

Never heard the term "Jugdral" before, i own all 3 on reproduction carts and i think the 16bit fire emblems are the best.
    I do like the dark storyline and the dungeon crawl aspects of the first persona games, what put me off was how slow the battle system is, for me it tended to have too much stuff, too slow an execution of each one I mean a single battle is fine by itself but when you walk two spaces and get locked into a battle for several minutes it gets incredibly tedious after a few hours, even after I slogged through the game I felt like I was getting nowhere as I kept being greeted by a short cutscene only to be several hours more on the crawl. While I like 3 & 4 I always saw the first ones as their own different thing, never really got off put by the originals because they were different, it was rather interesting to see the series evolution, I just wish they made the first Personas even closer the SNES SMTs, for some reason I felt those were faster paced and advanced the story much more rapidly.

^ Thats why i enjoyed the first Persona game so much, i love 1st person dungeon crawls and i wish Atlus would make a Persona like that again. (I know it'll never happen though)
    Yeah at that time it was a really unique blend wasn't it? I still like Persona 2 but the 1st one was just so different from everything else I was playing at that time. That's another reason I like King's Field II, it still had the things I wanted in an RPG. Leveling, grinding, new equipment, more powerful spells as you level. But it was a dark first person real time RPG. The music was so good at setting the mood, it was really well done.

@Gypsy hahaha funny pic like always xD

Never heard the term "Jugdral" before, i own all 3 on reproduction carts and i think the 16bit fire emblems are the best.
    It's the land where a couple of them take place. At least you've played them, I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I do like the dark storyline and the dungeon crawl aspects of the first persona games, what put me off was how slow the battle system is, for me it tended to have too much stuff, too slow an execution of each one I mean a single battle is fine by itself but when you walk two spaces and get locked into a battle for several minutes it gets incredibly tedious after a few hours, even after I slogged through the game I felt like I was getting nowhere as I kept being greeted by a short cutscene only to be several hours more on the crawl. While I like 3 & 4 I always saw the first ones as their own different thing, never really got off put by the originals because they were different, it was rather interesting to see the series evolution, I just wish they made the first Personas even closer the SNES SMTs, for some reason I felt those were faster paced and advanced the story much more rapidly.
    Japan gonna Japan.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Fire Emblem Awakening has sold 1.79 million copies worldwide.

Source: http://renka-web.com/news/news_001.html#if through neoGAF.

Not particularly amazing numbers, but I can imagine previous entries in the series selling even less.

Pretty good numbers for what it is. That's gotta be way higher than various better games in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Fire Emblem Awakening has sold 1.79 million copies worldwide.

Source: http://renka-web.com/news/news_001.html#if through neoGAF.

Not particularly amazing numbers, but I can imagine previous entries in the series selling even less.
    It is apparently the first FE title to sell over 1m.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    It is apparently the first FE title to sell over 1m.
    This makes me all kinds of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    This makes me all kinds of sad.
    Interesting to note, 1.79 million is as of december 2014, though probably not many more sales since but, it is speculated that of the 1.79, 1-1.1 million of them are in the West.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast