Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it possible for Gaijinworks to localize one of the Far East of Eden games?

Is it possible for Gaijinworks to localize one of the Far East of Eden games?

Leading up to the reveal of Summon Night 5's localization, many NeoGAFers were hoping it was Far East of Eden. After viewing gameplay, I think Far East of Eden would have been a good choice for Gaijinworks to get the license to translate and release it on Vita. Don't get me wrong, Summon Night 5 is a good choice, but it seems like Far East of Eden would have drawn in more attention.

Konami owns Far East of Eden so I imagine it's hard and/or expensive to acquire the license for those games. Frankly, there probably isn't much profit in it for Konami either because of how small the western PSP market is at this point and sadly these companies don't seem to think getting "some" free money is worth it. They want to be guaranteed a big pile of yen or they won't let anyone touch their IPs.

Gaijinworks can't just walk up to a smorgasbord of JRPGs and pick whatever they like. In reality their choices are probably very, very limited. Mr. Ireland knows there is a demand for Far East of Eden and has said himself that he wants to localize it. I interpret Summon Night 5 being announced as Far East of Eden simply not being feasible at this time.

Isn't Konami going strictly mobile now? I think they'd be more inclined to license out their IPs.

We actually started on the XBOX Tengai Makyo. There's a partial English version. We couldn't get past Microsoft's ridiculous publishing minimums and other restrictions to make it happen and had to abandon it.

I've said many times I would dearly love to do 4th Apocalypse. That's still true. Never say never. It's a crazy business.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    Isn't Konami going strictly mobile now? I think they'd be more inclined to license out their IPs.
    I would say that makes them less likely to want to outsource their IP. Why outsource (send materials) to an outside company to make smaller profits when you could make Pachinko machines based on the IP or make cheap F2P "games" and keep all of the profits to themselves. Considering where Konami is deciding to put all of their focus into now, I would be very pleasantly surprised if something good happened with any of their franchises.

I'm pretty sure once GW gets things going and firmly establishes their foothold on the market they'll have lots more opportunities to localize games including Hudson's library. BN is a pretty huge company, much bigger than Konami at this point and they're still working with Vic after all. It's all about gaining the right leverage, one that I'm sure GW will have in due time.

I would do unmentionable things for that series to get localized. Unmentionable! At this point, however, I am a realist, and have essentially thrown in the towel. I haven't given up all hope, but the recent Konami stuff has considerably lowered my expectations to less that 1 in a million.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I would do unmentionable things for that series to get localized. Unmentionable! At this point, however, I am a realist, and have essentially thrown in the towel. I haven't given up all hope, but the recent Konami stuff has considerably lowered my expectations to less that 1 in a million.
    Same. It's a shame, as I was really rooting for 4th Apocalypse to be the Mystery RPG, but atp it just seems too unlikely. Maybe a fan translation will happen some day, but I figure even if it does happen it'll be sub-par compared to what Vic could have put together.

Konami needs to get their priorities straight

So many great games made by them and yet so many haven't been released outside Japan

It would be nice to see another company get ahold of Hudsonsoft
    Hell, if Marvelous or another developer could get some of Konami's IPs away from them, it would do so much good
    Konami should sell the Castlevania and Suikoden series'

lol I imagine Marvelous having hold of Hudson IP XD we'd probably get remakes of their PCFX catalog lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast