Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unplayable PS360 Games

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Well, just about any game that requires an internet connection to run is doomed to be unplayable unless it's on PC where they can be routed to private servers or unless the platform somehow opens up and we end up with something like the Dreamcast where private servers work for online games last I heard (but you knew this already :P). Bandit called it on MAG, pretty sure there are a few others like that. BTW isn't the latest Atelier (Zs favorite) have a game braking bug that got patched recently? Won't new copies of that game be unplayable in the long run?
    I think that the Atelier Shallot issue was only in a certain customization mode, but most people played through the game without needing this.

Didn't know Shallie was finally patched. I've left the game sealed because of that.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

The Zone of Enders HD collection was also pretty bad from what I remember hearing, so much so that they had to take it away from the initial company that did the port and re-port the entire game in a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Farcry 2, Fable 3, GTA IV (ps3 only) and of course Skyrim on PS3 will likely never be playable so I'm not sure if it counts.
    Skyrim, that one glitch where the dragons start moving backwards away from you was hilarious
    Another glitch where a dead dragon will appear when you fast travel and it won't go away
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 06-02-2015 at 11:05 PM.

How do these companies get away with crap like this where the game is unplayable and it never gets fixed that it becomes playable. Why is it the these companies are allowed to get away with this? Can you imagine buying a new car, some time later find out that there's a component that doesn't work the way it should and the manufacturer can't fix it and there's nothing you can do about it and you're stuck with it?

Lego Marvel Superheroes was pretty bad for the PS3. Almost every time I played it, it would freeze up.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    How do these companies get away with crap like this where the game is unplayable and it never gets fixed that it becomes playable. Why is it the these companies are allowed to get away with this? Can you imagine buying a new car, some time later find out that there's a component that doesn't work the way it should and the manufacturer can't fix it and there's nothing you can do about it and you're stuck with it?
    That does happen still. :/
    But I agree. Don't these companies test at all? Games shouldn't be released if they have such bad glitches. Minor ones I can accept. Look at how long Gaijinworks spent on Coh2/G getting a few things to work are best as they could even though it delayed everything.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Watch_Dogs.

Even on patch 1.04 (final one) the first time I booted up the game it wouldn't even load.

Second time (after a complete reinstall) I was able to play half an hour or so before the game kept freezing at the same point every single time.

Complete trash.
    *emerges from the shadows*
    I warned you!
    *recedes into shadows*

People tend to forget the Fallout games on the PS3 but they were actually worse than Skyrim, especially Fallout 3. These were also never fixed unlike Skyrim. Once you had played it enough, it would freeze every single time you entered V.A.T.S. in the Wastelands. One of the DLC packs was also almost impossible to finish due to freezing. I think they ran on the same engine as Skyrim and had the same issues but it were never put under the spotlight of gaming media.

The PS4/XbOne generation will be way worse though. Just the other week it was announced that the next Need For Speed game will require an always on internet connection. "The power of the cloud" will make many games unplayable for future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    The PS4/XbOne generation will be way worse though. Just the other week it was announced that the next Need For Speed game will require an always on internet connection. "The power of the cloud" will make many games unplayable for future generations.
    No doubt for various reasons. Look at Forza 5. Half the game must be downloaded on day one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast