Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4 coming to PC/PS4/Xbox One

Fallout 4 coming to PC/PS4/Xbox One

Press release:
    Bethesda Announces Fallout 4

Bethesda, a ZeniMax Media company, today confirmed the upcoming global release of Fallout 4, the next generation of open-world gaming. The world premiere of the game will take place during Bethesda’s E3 Showcase being held at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on June 14th beginning at 7.00pm PST, and streamed live around the world via and .

Fallout 4 is being developed for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and PC by award-winning Bethesda Game Studios under the direction of Todd Howard. This eagerly-awaited game is the follow up to the 2008 ‘Game of the Year’, Fallou 3, and the first title from the world-renowned studio since the release of their global phenomenon and 2011 ‘Game of the Year’, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

“We know what this game means to everyone,” said Game Director, Todd Howard, “The time and technology have allowed us to be more ambitious than ever. We’ve never been more excited about a game, and we can’t wait to share it.”

The game’s official trailer, created in-game at Bethesda Game Studios, can be viewed at: www.fallout4.com

Trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bO3iM5pu_c

Via.

Aaaw yeeeeah!

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    Aaaw yeeeeah!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8inB7FAPHc4

I was expecting a greater leap in the visuals then that, it only barely looks better then Fallout3 :/
    Edit: I could be wrong, but I don't think they're using specularity maps at all? The color maps and normals are fine, but specularity seems almost completely absent.
    Last edited by Fabrizo1; 06-03-2015 at 02:50 PM.

It ain't pretty but definitely looks like a step up from 3/NV, I think? Seeing some people claim they're using the same engine as for those games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    I was expecting a greater leap in the visuals then that, it only barely looks better then Fallout3 :/
    I think it's the physics and stuff that needs to be improved over the visuals if you want the game to feel more realistic. As a still image, that dog looks great but the way it moves when it walks breaks the immersion.

After looking at it some more, its obvious that the game lacks specularity maps (instead opting for uniform density spec in all but a few cases), and uniform density shadows (look at the foliage and notice how grass density and proximity doesn't affect their cast shadows darkness, resulting in it looking like its not actually a part of the ground). wtf Bethesda?

Well, at least there's no Chromatic Aberration, something most people seem to hate.
    Last edited by Fabrizo1; 06-03-2015 at 03:16 PM.

why not use the official trailer from Beth instead of a trailer stealing fool who gets thousands of hits for simply posting other people's trailers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4

Out of principle, I always link to the first person who provides me with the information but I try to stay clear of forum sources. If Bethesda wants hits on their videos, they can update their official channels before others do with theirs. Shouldn't be hard for them.

This way of doing things should encourage people who try to give us the news fastest.

I'd rather them show what it really looks like than show a vertical slice and then have the final game look nothing like it on PS4. From what I see, it's def more than enough better than Fallout 3. But you guys are probably comparing it to the PC version right? I only ever played it on PS3 so this will be a huge upgraded experience for me.

I hope Bethesda doesn't screw this up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast