Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: XSEED Teasing Popolocrois 3DS and more

Where does Trails in the Sky (storywise) fit in with these two games coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    Oh wow, i didn't realise FC sold 100k on steam alone! that's crazy! I hope xseed will localize SC on PS3 so we can get a physical release for it.
    I remember reading Trails SC for the PS3 is the kind of PSP remaster which SCEA likely won't allow to launch in America. All PS3 games launched after a specific date are required to have trophies and this one doesn't. Stupid but true. There might be more issues with allowing a simple PSP port on the PS3 too.

I know there are people who have been working on Ao/Zero fan translations for the PSP but I don't know if they will finish them. Seems likely both will be localized for PC after this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    First trails game on a console. woot! that said xseed has done digital only before, so I will wait until I hear we get physical copies before this news really is worth anything.
    We got conformation on physical releases for both (W00t!) no word on LEs yet however... let's wait and see what happens. Worst case scenario, Euro LE importing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Negotiating with and paying 4 different companies royalties as well as a hell of a lot of Japanese dubbing. 3 of the 4 companies XSEED has zero relationship with.
    Personally I think if it were a company with more commitment to the series we could have gotten them, for a while now. Being Marvelous USA who's working with these properties doesn't really help their cause in bringing Falcom games. Of course not that I'm ungrateful for what they've done I do believe they're very passionate about the series (even more than we could ever be given they're the ones poring blood & sweat for the series), just that the series has had so many ups and downs in the west at this point (many times not even being their fault but well...)I feel someone else could have been better suited with handling the IP. I mean this is Falcom's JRPG series, I believe this easily outclasses all the filler JRPGs we get nowadays and competes with the more solid JRPGs out there (which has been pretty barren as of late).

Not really any use complaining about it now but well it still sucks, and while I can sympathize with XSEED for all the stuff they've had to deal with I still give them flack because this isn't the first time they've fallen short of their ambitions and left games in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    We got conformation on physical releases for both (W00t!) no word on LEs yet however... let's wait and see what happens. Worst case scenario, Euro LE importing.

Personally I think if it were a company with more commitment to the series we could have gotten them, for a while now. Being Marvelous USA who's working with these properties doesn't really help their cause in bringing Falcom games. Of course not that I'm ungrateful for what they've done I do believe they're very passionate about the series (even more than we could ever be given they're the ones poring blood & sweat for the series), just that the series has had so many ups and downs in the west at this point (many times not even being their fault but well...)I feel someone else could have been better suited with handling the IP. I mean this is Falcom's JRPG series, I believe this easily outclasses all the filler JRPGs we get nowadays and competes with the more solid JRPGs out there (which has been pretty barren as of late).

Not really any use complaining about it now but well it still sucks, and while I can sympathize with XSEED for all the stuff they've had to deal with I still give them flack because this isn't the first time they've fallen short of their ambitions and left games in the dust.
    There are only so many ways you can cut a pie and still get a piece. Not to mention, you are assuming that these other companies even would license the game to XSEED. Could the series have been handled better? Probably, but it took so goddamn long to release in the first place because no one wanted to touch it with a 10 ft pole because the scripts are huge, bigger than anything else that has been released in the west. That costs money and takes a lot of time. Everyone just assumes that everything can happen and nothing is off the table. You can't just go to these guys and say "hey I am gonna release your game in the US." I mean listening to Vic talking about negotiations should give you insight into this.

The Kiseki series, while it may be Falcom's flagship series, is still a very niche series in the west. I can't even finish this, I am just gonna let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    I remember reading Trails SC for the PS3 is the kind of PSP remaster which SCEA likely won't allow to launch in America. All PS3 games launched after a specific date are required to have trophies and this one doesn't. Stupid but true. There might be more issues with allowing a simple PSP port on the PS3 too.

I know there are people who have been working on Ao/Zero fan translations for the PSP but I don't know if they will finish them. Seems likely both will be localized for PC after this.
    This is one of if not the main reason we haven't and likely won't see the PS3 Remasters. SCEA, same SCEA that wouldn't allow us to get BoFIII on psp. No trophy no go.
    Last edited by ramzastrife; 06-06-2015 at 02:31 AM.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Where does Trails in the Sky (storywise) fit in with these two games coming out?
    If you read the blog they posted about the series, that should be made clear. Essentially, Sen no Kiseki I+II were designed as a new entry point into the lore for a "younger audience" that didn't grow up with the original Trails games. That means you should be able to play Sen no Kiseki I+II, and then go back to the previous games if you want to. You'd have to ask someone else about where exactly it fits into the timeline though.

Very excited about all of the games XSEED has lined up for release - its easily the most diverse and impressive line-up I've seen from many of the "niche" publishers in a long time.

Day 1 pre-orders for anything Falcom or Corpse Party ^_^ --- hope they start posting the pre-order pages for Canada soon...

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    There are only so many ways you can cut a pie and still get a piece. Not to mention, you are assuming that these other companies even would license the game to XSEED. Could the series have been handled better? Probably, but it took so goddamn long to release in the first place because no one wanted to touch it with a 10 ft pole because the scripts are huge, bigger than anything else that has been released in the west. That costs money and takes a lot of time. Everyone just assumes that everything can happen and nothing is off the table. You can't just go to these guys and say "hey I am gonna release your game in the US." I mean listening to Vic talking about negotiations should give you insight into this.

The Kiseki series, while it may be Falcom's flagship series, is still a very niche series in the west. I can't even finish this, I am just gonna let it go.
    I didn't comment that to start a discussion about it and I know it's by no means easy to license/translate/release this stuff, or rather I don't know given the enormous ****storm one can expect with working with licencing alone (especially in Japan). I'm just sour on how things turned out, but well that's how business rolls. To be clear I don't hate XSEED and I do buy their games Falcom or otherwise, just not a fan of how they roll in general and this is not taking the whole LoH thing in question.

Oh my God. Its a dance party. Physical ensures I pick up Trails and Senran, and maybe Popo, don't care for earth defense.

http://www.dayspringarts.org/sites/d...stumeParty.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Trails FC> SC> The 3rd> Zero > Ao< Sen< Sen II
    I like bacon.

So we aren't missing much for US releases? LOL

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast