Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly Breakthrough for the Vita TV, a Whitelist Hack!

Lightbulb Possibly Breakthrough for the Vita TV, a Whitelist Hack!

I was just linked this by someone else, but it looks promising to finally be able to make use of the Vita TV.
    http://wololo.net/2015/04/26/running...tv-poc-mr-gas/

mr.gas who we also know from the bubble trick probably found a trick to bypass this white list or maybe even more. The uploaded video by Major Tom shows a Playstation TV playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Street Fighter X Tekken. Both of these games are unavailable on Playstation TV. They never got white listed. He also boots Welcome Park which isnít available on a Playstation TV. He then shows he uses firmware 3.36.
    Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g8XSopnPbo

If this isn't a hoax I would be so excited. I could finally play all the Vita games I want on the TV vs just a handheld!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

It definitely is interesting, but don't you have to modify the PS TV first? How awkward would touchscreen elements in certain games be using the analog sticks instead?

I would rather have Netflix/Hulu support at this point as an official feature from Sony.

I wouldn't want to play Uncharted on my PS TV because you can't finish the game without using the camera. Of course it's technically capable of booting up every single Vita game because it is a Vita without a screen after all. That doesn't mean the games will control well, or even function using a Dualshock. Most of the actually relevant Vita exclusives would require patches to function properly on the Playstation TV and no one is going to go through that effort, sadly.

Sony will probably remaster them for the PS4 for you though.

It seems you either give consumers what they want or they'll get it themselves lol. I'm not into hacks but if it can be worked out without resorting to CFW it might be interesting.

Neat. Does this also whitelist all PSP games?
    Last edited by Fabrizo1; 06-05-2015 at 11:00 PM.

I don't really care if they'd all play (well or otherwise), I just want the freedom to pick and choose what I can attempt to run.

The game I immediately thought of was Ys Celceta.
    -Patrick Mifflin
    Associate Editor/Programming Director, SmashPad
    Co-Host, Day 0 Update Podcast

Yeah, I'd more want it to be able to run any PSP game I have than worry about all the Vita games. It'd certainly be nice to not have to worry about games being on the whitelist tho, of course.

Yeah, while I would love to have actual developer support for all games on the Vita TV, I would just be happy if all the games would boot and allow you to play them. This whole whitelist thing is BS with no real reason as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Why would you want to boot up a game you can't finish? Leave the hacking until after a console is dead. We all know where this will end up.

Yeah, it'll be patched soon enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast