Page 177 of 183 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1821

Thread: Retro Games rising in price. How much is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    The one with the preorder DVD? I only have the first preorder DVD with the cutscenes that are so compressed and grainy. Didn't know the sequels had preorder bonuses.
    The Xenosaga 1 movie DVD was a separate X2 preorder bonus at most places. Select retailers (not sure which exactly, not EB/GS, BB or Amazon?) got X2 and the X1 movie DVD wrapped together with some labeling saying the bundle was a X2 Limited Edition. So opening it basically dissolves it being a LE... PAL regions got the bundle in a nice paperboard box, so those survived despite being opened.

I got my Xenosaga 2 LE for a clearance price at Zellers in Canada. I didn't even know it existed till I stumbled onto it, I'm fairly certain that the Zellers I found it at had it because they weren't rotating stock. I never even saw the bundle there at release, so they had to have it tucked at the back of the rack and they were pushing regular copies in front of it. **** like this is why I miss retail stores.

I waited until I think it was 6 or 630PM at EB Games for the shipment to come in on Xenosaga Ep 1 / Preorder DVD. I remember I walked through the mall to Target and just looked at their game shelves until the time came.

Yeah I was really worried I wouldn't get the DVD with my pre-order, EB was super YMMV with freebies. When I walked in the morning X2 dropped I was super relieved to see they had a stack of like 50-60 copies of the DVD standing behind the counter.

Compare that to Tales of Symphonia, I pick the game up, nothing. I knew it was supposed to come with an artbook and some hard poster? So I complain at the manager, and she's like 'yeah we got nothing'. 2 weeks after she gives me a call, she got one of each in, she's keeping the poster for herself and giving me the artbook. So it was a win I guess. Getting the Xenosaga 1 artbook was a pain in the ass too.

With Xenoblade Chronicles, I kept waiting on preordering for the art book. I actually finally ordered the day it came out and of course, didn't get the art book with the game. I preordered it off of gamestop.com

Xenosaga III was one of the games I remember vividly being in overstock at the FYE super store in Rochester NY about 10 years ago. I recall 15+ copies and this was at the time it was being basically cleared out. I bought a few as did a friend knowing there might be some value. Im guessing 9.99 was about what they were. The only one I think I have left is definitely on the tattered side as far as the plastic goes. I also bought Dawn of Mana which has hardly gone up since then even sealed.

Should have kept in a poly bag

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Xenosaga III was one of the games I remember vividly being in overstock at the FYE super store in Rochester NY about 10 years ago. I recall 15+ copies and this was at the time it was being basically cleared out. I bought a few as did a friend knowing there might be some value. Im guessing 9.99 was about what they were. The only one I think I have left is definitely on the tattered side as far as the plastic goes. I also bought Dawn of Mana which has hardly gone up since then even sealed.
    I remember Conker N64 and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn being blown out like that. I was too young to stockpile Conker, probably should have with Fire Emblem.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Just thinking about other games I remember in mass quantities being blown out.

10 or so years ago Toys R Us had those green sticker bins.

I recall the one time it was filled with 4 games specifically and tons of them. Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon DS, Mega Man Red Joker DS, Mega Man Black Ace DS, and Zombie BBQ. All were 9.98 with 50-75% off so around 5-7.50. I remember buying multiples of each. Opening 1 of each which I still have and trading off the rest a few years after. I may have 1 of the Fire Emblem and 1 of the Zombie BBQ sealed. But I do remember going around to all of the TRUs and it was the same.

Always interesting to see games with such abundance become pricey.

I totally saw a bin full of Final Fantasy 1's for $10 and another place blowing out Super Mario Bros. for $5.

I seriously thought of buying extra FF1's because I wanted extra save files. But I would've opened any extra copies I got just for that reason. I didn't get any though cause $10 was a lot of money for me way back then... I laughed at SMB though, because what kind of idiot would even buy SMB without Duck Hunt At that point I could afford $5, and keeping a sealed copy wasn't a ridiculous thought, and it sells for north of $10k now...

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I got my FF1 for $5-$10. It was just sitting in the discount section at a Walmart. Perfect shape and sealed.