Page 181 of 182 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1812

Thread: Retro Games rising in price. How much is too much?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I dunno. I'm with Storino on that. Every repro seems like just a repro to me, even if it's official. Remember that the dude at that link is still the same asshat that tried to pass off several games as real. Anyone doing business with him is an accomplice to a piracy business.

I'd probably like LRG and the like more if the printed more than just a few thousand copies, as all that helps is Scalpers.
    Partner up with just one store if you have to, pre-order on the site only isn't good enough.
    Sanity is the Lie, There is only Madness.

Their more important Switch titles usually are available at Best Buy. They also supply some partner mom and pop stores with copies of their releases.

I think the scalper thing is not as bad now as it was back in the day when talking about LRG, tbh. Aside from a few PS4 releases and the remaining Vita titles, everything else seems to be easy to order or to buy on eBay after it has been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    Their more important Switch titles usually are available at Best Buy. They also supply some partner mom and pop stores with copies of their releases.

I think the scalper thing is not as bad now as it was back in the day when talking about LRG, tbh. Aside from a few PS4 releases and the remaining Vita titles, everything else seems to be easy to order or to buy on eBay after it has been shipped.
    The exception is their limited editions, those are still scalper city in some cases. Like River City Girls Classic Edition has a crazy price, I should probably sell my extra one to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Most of the latest ones have also been open pre-orders, though. There's more chance to get them.

I don't really care that much about the CEs, tbh.

Im a pretty big survival horror fan but always balked at some of these PS2 games figuring one day they would go down. Im not sure why I even bothered looking them up during this time of price spikes. But I feel this auction probably will end in the 1400 range.

Got pretty lucky and found Silent Hill Shattered Memories for PS2 CIB off Facebook for $20 but still need these 3 plus a couple others.

Attached Images Attached Images

Damn, **** like this really makes me want to sell. I have less devotion to PS2 games than most stuff.

But then, I'm like okay I'll get some cash but will I just blow it on stupid stuff again, or what? It's not like an extra $1500 would really make a dent in say, my mortgage or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

If you're mortgage is more than $1,500 a month, then that's a problem, IMO.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    If you're mortgage is more than $1,500 a month, then that's a problem, IMO.
    A lot of mortgages are more than $1500 per month. That's essentially a $200k house at a typical rate.

Weren't you the guy that told me that you had a friend who is a millionaire with a large amount of debt, and I followed with "then he isn't a millionaire"?

Go to bed.