Page 182 of 184 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184 LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1835

Thread: Retro Games rising in price. How much is too much?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Go to bed.
    NO!

(Maybe soon)

If you're mortgage is more than $1,500 a month, then that's a problem, IMO.
    Depends where you live, but it's more in the fact that $1500 isn't going to make a big dent in the overall mortgage balance I have remaining. It's like a single payment, which okay I didn't pay mortgage for the month but like what'll I do with the money I didn't spend? Save it or spend it? Might as well keep the games for now since there seems to be no reason not to just hold onto them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Yep. $1500 might be a normal payment that only covers like $200 of a principle on a $200k home without a lot of equity. So much of it includes property taxes, insurance, interest. But renters don't understand that since they've often never bought property.

To put a massive dent in a mortgage though, 2x-4x the monthly amount will get it paid off in 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Yep. $1500 might be a normal payment that only covers like $200 of a principle on a $200k home without a lot of equity. So much of it includes property taxes, insurance, interest. But renters don't understand that since they've often never bought property.

To put a massive dent in a mortgage though, 2x-4x the monthly amount will get it paid off in 5-10 years.
    Exactly, those extra principle payments knock stuff down so much faster that it's kind of awesome. Before we had kids my wife and I were super aggressive paying down our old house and we'd do double-payments pretty frequently. By the time we sold to buy the new place a couple years ago we had close to 50% equity in it at about 10 years in.

I'm happy we moved to the new place since it's a better location and MUCH better schools, but starting all over again with a new 30-year and closer to like 30% in equity is depressing. It's much less easy to put extra into the mortgage when you have kids too.
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

It's just the way it goes. If you want anything in life, you gotta work for it, but so many people can't seem to grasp that concept these days.

The hardest part of having kids is balancing work / time with family and that can impact income a bit, but it's possible to do for sure. Often means sacrificing things like gaming time but as the kids get older you can game with them (unless they want to just play Minecraft or Fortnite all the time).

GOSH, THOSE VIDEO GAME PRICES SURE ARE SKY-ROCKETING.

GOSH, THOSE VIDEO GAME PRICES SURE ARE SKY-ROCKETING.
    You want to buy a Wii?!

Well element if you ever want to sell/trade any of those let me know.

Trying to strategize currently. Have a sealed Rule of Rose from FYE back in the day and no opened copies of any of these big 3. If I could somehow turn one sealed one into all 3 lol! Saw a sealed one end on Jul 25th for 1300. Was almost thinking of trying to get as much out of it as possible then winning that guys auction for the 3 (Which is up over 1500 now)

This brings back memories. I bought it for parts/not working Cartridge only off of Ebay several years back for $30 shipped. I got it, cleaned it with a cotton swab and alcohol, and it booted right up. Messaged the seller saying what I had done as far as a resolution went, and he was surprised that it was that easy--almost seemed like he was pissed that he sold it.

Well yeah...
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."