Page 180 of 183 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1829

Thread: Retro Games rising in price. How much is too much?

III was generic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Officially licensed bootleg is coming from LRG.
    So funny that I actually called this before it happened in a way!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    People are finding that Gamecube is a great machine with some great exclusives. No surprises to me.

Backwards compatibility with Wii, which sold WAY more units, didn't help matters for the software prices.

Unrelated: This guy on "social distancing" and "escape" is a dweeb. And I'm spending less time gaming, so his "social distancing" gaming assumption is just self imposed delusion. There is a rumor going around about this and game prices. I think that it's just because a lot of people are taking advantage of extra time off of work.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 07-10-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Also, a lot of games are in development for systems that don't even exist right now, rather than making games for current consoles. Of course people would be buying up things to play on older consoles. A lot of things going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    People are finding that Gamecube is a great machine with some great exclusives. No surprises to me.

Backwards compatibility with Wii, which sold WAY more units, didn't help matters for the software prices.

Unrelated: This guy on "social distancing" and "escape" is a dweeb. And I'm spending less time gaming, so his "social distancing" gaming assumption is just self imposed delusion. There is a rumor going around about this and game prices. I think that it's just because a lot of people are taking advantage of extra time off of work.
    Maybe that's what you do, but the trends are there for why the game prices are rising. People aren't just going to boxing class and buying games in between sessions. Or doing some tricks on their skateboard and thinking, "Hmm, that Thousand Year Door looks like a good purchase right about now!"

This is what I feel is related to the recent trends:

--"Stay at Home order" / Pandemic
    --Stimulus Checks for those who qualify = more money to spend recklessly or spend wisely? Up to the person!
    --Recent game announcements reinvigorating previous games in a series (Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, etc)

I think backwards capability has little to do with it. Trends are from this past Spring, which.....OMG PANDEMIC CRAZE!!!!!?????????? Yep.

In other news, bicycle sales are THROUGH THE ROOF!
    Last edited by storino03; 07-12-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    So funny that I actually called this before it happened in a way!
    Would this be considered a second print since its official?

Nah, official doesn't mean much. I give it as much merit as https://pceworks.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Maybe that's what you do, but the trends are there for why the game prices are rising. People aren't just going to boxing class and buying games in between sessions. Or doing some tricks on their skateboard and thinking, "Hmm, that Thousand Year Door looks like a good purchase right about now!"

This is what I feel is related to the recent trends:

--"Stay at Home order" / Pandemic
    --Stimulus Checks for those who qualify = more money to spend recklessly or spend wisely? Up to the person!
    --Recent game announcements reinvigorating previous games in a series (Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, etc)

I think backwards capability has little to do with it. Trends are from this past Spring, which.....OMG PANDEMIC CRAZE!!!!!?????????? Yep.

In other news, bicycle sales are THROUGH THE ROOF!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DDXG-dHugc

Just because you have 20 gallons of hand sanitizer and wear your mask in the car doesn't mean that everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Would this be considered a second print since its official?
    I'd consider it a second print in a way since it has the blessing or the original IP holder, while PCEWorks is just a bunch of stolen bootleg IP.

The more discerning question though could be is it blessed by Nintendo? Because originally Nintendo made the PCBs and did the manufacturing for all the games right? Who knows what kind of quality control Limited Run has for making their "new" carts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.