Page 135 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1835

Thread: Retro Games rising in price. How much is too much?

I sent him an offer of 1500. I actually don't know if I care who I get it from anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    The Saturn is also the only system I'd be willing to buy $100+ games for, but that's only a few exceptional games..
    same - paid $100+ for PDS & MKR, i wanna say Dragon Force, Albert Odyssey and the others were under triple digits. SF III i bought right at 100 (before shipping) but it took some looking!

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    I actually don't know if I care who I get it from anymore.
    story of my life

I paid over $100 for some recent CEs before I quit doing that ****.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    No point offering people something for free if they're dumb enough to pay . If Sony is smart they'll consider redesigning the PS2 for modern processes so they could prey on nostalgia down the line like Nintendo did.

It was a bummer for me when they announced the PS4 wouldn't be backwards compatible. That's a feature I always like and use.

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    It was a bummer for me when they announced the PS4 wouldn't be backwards compatible. That's a feature I always like and use.
    Yeah I had to put away a PS3 to make room for my PS4. So I definitely would have liked if it were bc even if I haven't been playing much on PS3 lately.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    I sent him an offer of 1500. I actually don't know if I care who I get it from anymore.
    I dunno if they'd go that low. The benefit here is that if it stays up for awhile and the local woman is asking for a high price you can show that there are no sales going on at that rate. ON the flip, if she has seen this listing and it actually sells then there is no way she'd come down unless she really needed money fast.

Plus, if it was me, I'd rather deal locally than on ebay for something like that since you can inspect it all and test it before handing over the cash. Sale is final local as well with no ebay retaliation, but CASH speaks volumes for someone when you show up with a wad of bills ready to deal and you have more leeway in negotiations.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

double post

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I dunno if they'd go that low. The benefit here is that if it stays up for awhile and the local woman is asking for a high price you can show that there are no sales going on at that rate. ON the flip, if she has seen this listing and it actually sells then there is no way she'd come down unless she really needed money fast.

Plus, if it was me, I'd rather deal locally than on ebay for something like that since you can inspect it all and test it before handing over the cash. Sale is final local as well with no ebay retaliation, but CASH speaks volumes for someone when you show up with a wad of bills ready to deal and you have more leeway in negotiations.
    He declined my 1500 as I expected. I assume hes willing to wait it out (as it appears to be a larger retail operation they can afford to do that).

The problem is, we can't see the accepted offers correct? So whether it sells for 2850 or 2050, all the onlooker can see is that it ended 2999 with accepted offer correct?

I also think this is a decent barometer in the moment. I thought it was possible that since one hasn't popped up for quite a while that perhaps a collector with $ may have pulled the trigger and just bought it now. But its still there. Showing possibly people aren't ready to push this game that high.