Page 138 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1835

Thread: Retro Games rising in price. How much is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    At first I thought that was a Yaroze but then I saw the EA Canada sticker in the upper right. That's definitely and odd one to see at a thrift. Do your Goodwills do discounted pricing over time?
    It's a debug unit. Basically an official PS1 that plays burnt games and runs all regions. It's not really any better than a modded PS1, and they had a likely modded PS1 sitting out on the floor for $15

Last time I looked into buying one of those (because I do want one), they looked like they were worth maybe $150USD (that was a few years ago though). I'd entertain buying one I found in person like this one @ $300, maybe. Value Village is never going to mark it down. And I'll be unsurprised when I walk in a few weeks from now and see its sold. Vancouver has an ample supply of stupid hipsters that have money.

yeah, thought that was a net yaroze as well...was about to say cool, you can uhh play the original version of Devil Dice

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    yeah, thought that was a net yaroze as well...was about to say cool, you can uhh play the original version of Devil Dice
    You could also play "Fatal Fantasy VII," which seems to be some sort of fan game/tech demo involving Cloud Strife and urinals. Japanese puns involving the words for mako reactor that result in toilet humor is DEFINITELY worth the price of a Net Yaroze. I have no idea why this wasn't expanded upon and released at retail.

Andddd another one is on Ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222547482631

Very weird time right now. Never seen 2 on Ebay at the same time. Let alone a 3rd one privately available.

It's a conspiracy!
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

I forgot: Is that game super-duper fun? Or is it just for a collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    I forgot: Is that game super-duper fun? Or is it just for a collection?
    Its completely for rarity/collection purposes. You could only buy it as a call in/online order.

The game is just Daytona USA, which is an arcade racer that's pretty good. But its no different than Sega Rally, Ridge Racer, Cruisin USA in that it should only cost $5-$15

However this version contains some bug fixes and an Online mode (yes Saturn went online with 5 different games) and was released right near the end of the Saturns lifespan.

But you can basically get the same version of the game for $15 released about a year before.

Heh, I figured that the online component was the rare factor in this based on reading the past discussion on the forum, but the original sale method is super cool.

Are you going for a complete Saturn collection? Regardless, does this count towards that seeing as the game has two versions? Hm...

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    Heh, I figured that the online component was the rare factor in this based on reading the past discussion on the forum, but the original sale method is super cool.

Are you going for a complete Saturn collection? Regardless, does this count towards that seeing as the game has two versions? Hm...
    I have never been actively going for a complete Saturn collection but as Ive collected for it over 15 years, Ive pretty much just accumulated almost all of the rare/expensive stuff. If I get Daytona Ill just be down to handfuls of commons and sports if I really want to declare a complete collection. Honestly ill probably do it at that point but Ive never had the completion mentality in me. I collect for quite a few systems but the Saturn was the one I always wanted to just try everything that came out bad or good so it ended up that way. Its certainly next to impossible for someone to start that same journey today as even the common games are $30-40. But back in the mid 2000s every game was under $80 with Panzer Dragoon Saga maybe $120. Now honestly there might be 35-45 US Saturn games that are over $100 cib.

And yes Daytona Netlink does count towards it as its a complete unique release. There are actually 3 versions on the system. Daytona USA was released at launch but it was rushed. Daytona USA CCE was released maybe a year later with graphical fixes. Then in Japan a third release that fixed even more bugs and added features called simply Daytona Circuit Edition. This is the edition that the US Daytona Netlink is built off of. So there are 3 total Daytona releases in North America. The first two are like 10$ complete in box on ebay.

One Small UPDATE on my quest. The girl countered with an offer of $2100. Honestly I told her $1750 is the highest Im willing to go. Interested to see what she says. I tried to tell her that if she goes on Ebay or use Paypal and sells it for $2000 she probably makes out with around that same amount anyway so might as well go for cash in person.

I just don't know what to peg the value at. Its just bizarre that 2 are on Ebay now with a 3rd privately in play. The other thing is the 2 on Ebay have been up for quite a bit now at 2999 and 2500 so collectors haven't been desperate enough to jump right away at their prices. This game honestly is probably topping out at $2000 in value at this point. Will it go up? Not sure. $1750 is a lot but I feel like at that price even its value slides a bit I won't feel like I overpaid too much. Im assuming unless a crate full of these is discovered some day the price will always stay fairly high.