Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: E3 2015: What do you want to see revealed/announced?

I think all brands contain a chip that saves each ones stats. In each game you must connect the characters to unlock them in it. And some like Skylanders you need them on the portal to be able to play as them in game. While they don't actually ADD dlc to any game many see them as paying to unlock the game content. Amiibos have very little use outside of Smash so far.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

So they contain a code that unlocks content already on the disc? Do used amiibos work too or are they somehow locked to your account/console after one use?

I guess it would be a code of sorts.
    Used figures (all types) can be reset. Most used aren't from what I've seen so you'd likely need to do it yourself. They generally lock to that certain playthrough since they save stats. Some you can play on different games without resetting once you unlock their upgrades.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    If you care about gaming, oppose the absurd ways they're misusing and abusing DLC. It's not COMPLETELY bad. Games like Guitar Hero/Rock Band/Rocksmith definitely should use DLC but on the whole, DLC is a means of nickel and diming gamers and if the trend continues...we're heading toward bad times.
    DLC isn't really bad, like you mentioned it has good applications it's just some idiots abuse it to make horse armor, intrusive micro transactions and of course ship incomplete games to have you pay for what you already own. In a perfect world DLC could have been used to make games last decades with an ever evolving game, but yeah that's a pipe dream without some nasty Free to Pay scheme attached. I do believe DLC can be used properly without screwing anyone over but it's a matter of knowing when such a thing is in play (which is pretty rare outside of maybe PC?). As for Amiibos, I'll never have one so I don't particularly care.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    I don't really get what Amiibos do? I mean, do they have special microchips in them that contain the DLC and you upload it from them to your WiiU?
    So long as there's an offline way to get the extra content (so it can be collected or had by future generations without resorting to piracy), I'm OK with it.
    I'm just as clueless about this as you are.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    Not to be a negative nancy. I'm sure there is a thing or 2 from Nintendo I will like.
    Metroid.

Nuff said.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    I don't really get what Amiibos do? I mean, do they have special microchips in them that contain the DLC and you upload it from them to your WiiU?
    So long as there's an offline way to get the extra content (so it can be collected or had by future generations without resorting to piracy), I'm OK with it.
    RFID tags in a stupid plastic figurine that costs way too much, and associated software that lets you "level up" said stupid plastic figurine.

The 3DS (original and XL via a wireless base) uses Near Field Communication (NFC) to read low power data chips that can be written on and read which unlocks stuff in a specific game. The Wii U (within the gamepad) and New 3DS has the NFC functionality built in.

Earthbound Beginnings (EB Zero by NES unofficial translation cart) on the Wii U eshop starting tonight!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...ource=facebook

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Earthbound Beginnings (EB Zero by NES unofficial translation cart) on the Wii U eshop starting tonight!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...ource=facebook
    I played part of the translation. Any way if I want to play I'll just play EB0 again. Now if Nintendo did something awesome and like released the earthbound trilogy on a physical 3DS cart. I'd probably buy it. Otherwise why pay for something digital when I can just emulate it for free.
    My gametz page. Game collection = approx 360. Wanted games = approx 200
    http://gametz.com/user/ErickRPG.html

I'm happy to see Nintendo do something like this.
    StarFox 2 next please!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast