Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: E3 2015: What do you want to see revealed/announced?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Poor sales? PS4 is doing well. Obviously X1 sucks since they keep dropping the price and the backwards compatable mess.

I doubt many kids do play rpgs anymore unless they are the "in" game at the time. I still often see ~10 yo getting COD/GTA in gamestop. Pretty much why I have no intereset in playing games online.
    PS4 is doing well in the west, and some say better than the PS2 did. However, the competition really isn't even a thing. Even XBone has sold quite low compared to PS4.

I think that the game console industry is extremely weak. One console doing well doesn't mean that it's a success, especially when you factor other parts of the world.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Fatal Frame (Wii U) shown at today's conference. Looks superb!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lDC5wC3OMw
    Fatal Frame is getting an NA release? Now we know Nintendo is desperate for exclusives since no amount of begging could bring the last game.

This looks way more exciting than those crappy "Metroid" games that they showcased.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    PS4 is doing well in the west, and some say better than the PS2 did. However, the competition really isn't even a thing. Even XBone has sold quite low compared to PS4.

I think that the game console industry is extremely weak. One console doing well doesn't mean that it's a success, especially when you factor other parts of the world.
    Whoa whoa whoa. I will need to see the data to believe this.

I agree that overall console gaming is on a downtick.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

It's all about the rise of PC (digital) due to heavier comparisons between it and the consoles

Nintendo, a slave to its past success?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...andy_pitchford

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Fatal Frame is getting an NA release? Now we know Nintendo is desperate for exclusives since no amount of begging could bring the last game.

This looks way more exciting than those crappy "Metroid" games that they showcased.
    I'm thinking Recore will be the game to give you a metroid fix since it's made by the man who helmed Metroid Prime. I don't have an xbox one, and I probably won't for a long long time (when it's much cheaper) but I do plan to build up a small exclusives collection for it and buy one some day. I already own Dead Rising 3 super whatever edition and Sunset Overdrive. Recore will likely be another game I eventually add when I can get it for $20 or so brand new.
    My gametz page. Game collection = approx 360. Wanted games = approx 200
    http://gametz.com/user/ErickRPG.html

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I still often see ~10 yo getting COD/GTA in gamestop. Pretty much why I have no intereset in playing games online.
    Which is why I always hated the idea of working at a Gamestop. After hearing them in the store, you'd have to hand those children the game while, reflectively, cursing the parents who bought it for them, knowing full well what you were a part of that day.

They'd go back home to "play" this game.ーScreaming over xbox or, worse, making strange yowls at any female they hear; which causes vomiting, bleeding of the ears, and headaches to said female and everyone else indirectly involved. It's a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Nintendo, a slave to its past success?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...andy_pitchford
    Yep, it is.
    Its slim pickings on Nintendo systems if you don't like their old characters.

It isn't that Nintendo is a slave to its past. I would argue that the more recent entries in most of its big franchises are even better than some generations past. But a combination of their business model and the general state of the industry has conspired to alienate most other publishers. Their hardware choices makes including Nintendo machines in multiplatform releases a challenge. And developing exclusives for any console, Nintendo or otherwise, is no longer a viable strategy for most. Nintendo isn't doing anything wrong with their franchises. Its their hardware that is screwing them up.

Personally as someone who doesn't really care much about N franchises (Having grown up with Sega as unimaginable as it may seem) I honestly buy N systems for third party games (and by that I mean their J game selection) For me I couldn't care less if Nintendo made a billion first party games, for the most part it's just not my cup of tea. The only reason I bought my DSs was for the huge selection of Japanese titles since the system caught on in a big way.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast