Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Console Classics Emulated PS1 to PC Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    If something ever did become unplayable I would emulate for sure. The unreliable systems are going to go first, such as 3D0 and Dreamcast.

Btw Vic if you see this thanks for letting us have these kinds of discussions here.
    To me these things should be allowed. Now, if someone doesn't want the "how to's" that's different. Gamefaqs is insane when you can even mention the words no matter the discussion.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

You mentioned that you emulated games once! AAAAHHP! Got uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

By the way why is Dreamcast and 3DO unreliable. Any more so than say PSX or PS2?
    My gametz page. Game collection = approx 360. Wanted games = approx 200
    http://gametz.com/user/ErickRPG.html

Dreamcasts GD-Rom drive was notoriously failure prone. Other then that I think the system was generally considered fairly reliable.

Guess I'm lucky that both of my DC's work.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Vic should just re-release the games he originally published in the same fashion as these guys.

Dreamcasts will die and have random errors (usually motherboard related I would assume). From my vast amount of experience with this (I've seen a TON of consoles and have two friends with game stores) the tiers are something like this.

Complete hot garbage: Turbo Duo, Gamegear, Turboexpress, Virtual Boy, 3D0
    Unreliable: 360, Fat PS3, Sega CD, Dreamcast
    Average: Any other PS3, Any PS2 (I swear by fats, other swear by slims), PS1, Saturn, Wii, PSP, Vita, 32x, SMS, Atari, Gameboy (all models), both Gameboy advances
    Rock solid: N64, Genesis, DS, NES, 3DS
    Brick house: Gamecube, SNES

Repairs change the equation. Most systems repaired and done right will fix the issues and make a console reliable. Some systems like the Neo Geo CD and Philips CDI are too obscure for me to have reliable data on. Too early for Wii U, PS4 and Xbone.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    Vic should just re-release the games he originally published in the same fashion as these guys.
    Vic will wait until the legality is proven beyond a doubt. There are still questions about that, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Rock solid: N64, Genesis, DS, NES, 3DS
    I can agree on N64 (controller joysticks not withstanding), but Genesis tends to have video problems due to broken solder (easy to fix, but still annoying), DS and 3DS hinges tend to crack/break (though the systems themselves keep working), and NES contact pins are ALWAYS iffy.

In my experience the 3DS is not as reliable as the DS. In fact I've had to return my first 3DS to Nintendo because it didn't boot up properly. Only worked like it should when I kept it in sleep mode.

First console EVER I had problems with.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

DS and 3DS are fine if you don't purposefully drop them. They don't break from normal use. Plus like you said that is cosmetic.

I'd hear NES being bumped down a tier though, it's arguable. I've personally never had issues with a Genesis but from what my store owner friends tell me they deal with less repairs on them than stuff in the previous tier.

Edit: I'm of course not going to call anyone a liar but I do have lots more data on this than someone who just buys a console for themselves to play.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast