Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Holy Grail in Gaming? (The game you cherish the most!)

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Superfighter team is releasing their 3 genesis/megadrive rpgs Beggar Prince, Legend of Wukong, and Star Odyssey on Windows and Mac OS X. They are calling it The Trifecta Pack and it is available for pre-order for $20. It is a digital download and comes out August 6. I had thought they had gotten mentioned in this thread but it was probably another one.
    Never heard of either one of these 3 games or the Super Fighter Team company. Do you know if all 3 of these games are turn based or are some (or all) action Rpgs? Even the cover for Star Odyssey resembles the intro to Phantasy Star 2.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Never heard of either one of these 3 games or the Super Fighter Team company. Do you know if all 3 of these games are turn based or are some (or all) action Rpgs? Even the cover for Star Odyssey resembles the intro to Phantasy Star 2.
    I believe all of them are turnbased. Super Fighter Team is one of the retro companies releasing cartridge games. These 3 are games from Taiwan or China, which is what this company specializes in. All 3 of these games had limited prints <1000 iirc and if you see them on amazon or ebay they go for stupid amounts. I don't know if any of them are actually good, but I did read a lot about nightmare busters that is currently in production.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

I bought Beggar Prince when it was first released. Based on that, I didn't bother with Wukong or Star Odyssey. The profiteer in me wishes I did.
    Still have my (unopened) Posterity edition Pier Solar.
    My grail is my MIB Demon Attack for Intellivision. Playing that game on my older brother's Intellivision was the experience that made me fall in love with video games. Sure, I have stuff that is "worth" hundreds of dollars, but none of it means as much to me as that game.

Quote Originally Posted by some stupid japanese name View Post
    I bought Beggar Prince when it was first released. Based on that, I didn't bother with Wukong or Star Odyssey. The profiteer in me wishes I did.
    Still have my (unopened) Posterity edition Pier Solar.
    My grail is my MIB Demon Attack for Intellivision. Playing that game on my older brother's Intellivision was the experience that made me fall in love with video games. Sure, I have stuff that is "worth" hundreds of dollars, but none of it means as much to me as that game.
    I have actually heard many that have said the same thing about Beggar Prince and not buying the others. But I haven't really heard much about the other 2.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I have actually heard many that have said the same thing about Beggar Prince and not buying the others. But I haven't really heard much about the other 2.
    I vaguely remember reading in a now defunct Gamepro many moons ago about a game named Star Odyssey who's development eventually was cancelled. I wonder if this is the same Star Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    I vaguely remember reading in a now defunct Gamepro many moons ago about a game named Star Odyssey who's development eventually was cancelled. I wonder if this is the same Star Odyssey.
    Just confirmed in the history section of Star Odyssey that it is the same one that was cancelled back then. All 3 are traditional turn based affair. Pre-ordered it.

DSC01933.jpgDSC01932.jpg

My treasure. Can we still hope for a PS1 Classics release?

Quote Originally Posted by gcrzero.0 View Post
    DSC01933.jpgDSC01932.jpg

i actually have most of that for Eternal Blue, exception being the necklace, map, and strategy guide (my game x change just had the whole package completely unopened.)

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    DSC01933.jpgDSC01932.jpg

Does the guide have all the stickers, or were you tempted to use some ?

DSC01933.jpgDSC01932.jpg

I used to have both of the Lunar deluxe editions but I wasn't a collector back then like I am now so I no longer have them

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast