Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Holy Grail in Gaming? (The game you cherish the most!)

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Is the reprint of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment different from the orginal?
    It's the same, they even chalked it up to finding copies or some nonsense if I remember right.
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 05-26-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Is the reprint of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment different from the orginal?
    It is said that you can't tell the difference between the two. It was supposedly reprinted in 2005 and then showed up as an Amazon exclusive in 2008 and sold almost immediately. Who knows. Atlus may have been sitting on some inventory, kinda like the Devil Summoner reprints of late.

I originally picked mine up in 2000 or 2001.

Rarest? Ummmm Well I do have Parasite Eve and the first two Resident Evil games for PS1, not really sure how rare they are. I also have the original Persona 3 which every copy was a collectors edition, not sure if that's rare nowdays either. And then there's the F/E Collectors edition with the very limited print magazine/booklet that wasn't sold with the retail version, I guess those were rare. Memorable? Well Persona 3 for sure it's my favorite game and F/E is my favorite PSP game I suppose those qualify.

Most of my collection is rare to one degree or the other, since there's a ton of niche JRPGs with low print runs in it. It's hard to pick an absolute favorite, but my most cherished things would be the Lunar 1 & 2 PS1 goodies along with the Ghaleon handpuppet, and my Legend of Mana Millennium Collection.
    "Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." — Grimsley, Pokémon Black/White 2

Rarest, I'm not sure. I have Arc the Lad Collection on PS1 complete, and I have Devil Summoner 2 on PS2 complete with box and plushie. I've also got practically mint Tales of Destiny II and Thousand Arms my family found for SUPER cheap a few years back at a flea market. I told them they practically robbed that person. Really want to get a Physical copy of P2:EP at some point, but they're so much online. I maintain my patience for now, though...

As far as most memorable game I own, I'd probably say Super Mario RPG, mostly because it was one of (if not THE) first RPGs I ever played, and it STILL holds up to this day in my mind. The nostalgia in that game is just through the roof for me.

I just went through a list, but I'm not sure which of these is or isn't considered rare:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 Collector's Edition PS3
    Team Buddies PS1
    Valkyria Chronicles PS1
    Hexyz Force PSP
    Secret of Mana SNES
    Xenoblade Wii

I recently beat Super Mario RPG (first time) back in January. Good game!

Not the rarest game in the world, but Luminous Arc 2 with the Bonus CD. I may have stupidly sold some of my games in the past but I have no intentions of ever getting it rid of this game, after almost losing back in high school. I almost freakin' cried when I thought it was gone forever.

Also my CoH1 disc that I had to hunt for a few weeks until I found a GameStop that had one used that wasn't 50+ miles away. You should've seen my face playing it for an hour or so making a party only for my PSP to run out of batteries.
    Last edited by Nickscor; 05-27-2013 at 01:29 AM.

I don't have anything rare, but Xenoblade is definitely the most expensive one I have... (stupidly expensive now, I'm really glad I got it at launch...)

As for most memorable... Definitely Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life. I have no clue what made me think it would be something I would enjoy (since I had never heard of it before I bought it), but that game really blew me away as a kid, and I still really like it today. I honestly think back then it was partially because it was the nicest 3D game I had played at that point XD Plus the soundtrack was gorgeous~ Now that I think about it though, I liked games for weird reasons as a kid ._.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickscor View Post
    Not the rarest game in the world, but Luminous Arc 2 with the Bonus CD. I may have stupidly sold some of my games in the past but I have no intentions of ever getting it rid of this game, after almost losing back in high school. I almost freakin' cried when I thought it was gone forever.

Also my CoH1 disc that I had to hunt for a few weeks until I found a GameStop that had one used that wasn't 50+ miles away. You should've seen my face playing it for an hour or so making a party only for my PSP to run out of batteries.
    They'll ship to a nearby location as long as a store within 100 miles has one, just make sure you look at the price sticker (they have to give you the price if it's lower).

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast