Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Holy Grail in Gaming? (The game you cherish the most!)

My rarest would be my copy of Daytona USA CCE: Netlink Edition. Was a bitch to find to finish my complete Saturn Collection. Also, my Sonic Adventure Limited Edition to finish my Dreamcast collection.

My most treasured? Would have to be my Dragon Force... I still remember when I bought it new at ToysRus(which was the main place to buy games in Canada during that time as the Saturn wasn't very well supported then, or ever here)

Ahh, Dragon Dorce, I still want a copy of that. Read that they released it digitally in Japan, and am hoping it comes to the U.S. at some point because I would love to just be able to play it again.

As for games I cherish most, that is rough for me. I own 98 percent of all rpg's and action rpg's on ps1/2, and have a decent collection of saturn, dreamcast, sega cd, and so on games. One of my favorite is Shin Megami Tensei 3, aka Nocturne. That game to me feels like a game that was done perfectly. Yes there are ways to make it better, but what is there isn't broken in the slightest. Though I guess I can't say this is my favorite, but I could talk about this game non stop.

If I had to pick a most cherished game, I would probably have to pick Xenogears. If more games were like Xenogears, this would be a golden age of gaming. The game is just so deep and the story so complex but satisfying. The mix between the fun combat mixed with mech fighting sections and the extreme amount of stuff there was to find and mini games to enjoy....It is the culmination of most of the things I love in rpg's all gathered in one game.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiredman View Post
    If I had to pick a most cherished game, I would probably have to pick Xenogears. If more games were like Xenogears, this would be a golden age of gaming. The game is just so deep and the story so complex but satisfying. The mix between the fun combat mixed with mech fighting sections and the extreme amount of stuff there was to find and mini games to enjoy....It is the culmination of most of the things I love in rpg's all gathered in one game.
    ^This. Heck, if even half of modern RPGs were as good as the PSX and PS2 RPGs, then we'd be in for another golden age of gaming. All of the good RPGs of this last generation were on the PSP and DS, and 3/4 of them were all remakes and direct ports.

I'm very happy to have Gunlord on the Dreamcast. Any game released in 2012 for the Dreamcast is a win in my book. I missed out on Pier Solar on the Genesis so I kickstarted the Dreamcast version of that game and will get it later this year too.

Apart from that I just own "normal rare games". I have pretty much complete North American RPG collections for the Saturn, PS1 and Sega-CD and I really dig those too.

Pier Solar is still somewhat readily available on the Genesis. They do reprints like 3 times a year and then jack up the prices in the name of "higher manufacturing/production costs", but it's better than only one print run regardless of price.

At least you can find Pier Solar on the web site. Beggar Prince has been sold out for years with no clear evidence that SFT are even thinking of doing a reprint. I guess that my last email to them annoyed them.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Rarest game I have is probably Valkyrie Profile for PSX; should have sold it before the PSP version caused the price to plummet. I had Mega Man Legends 2, but I sold it on Amazon a few months ago. For the price it was going for at the time I'd be a fool not to sell it. I had just the disk and nothing else and sold it for $80 bucks. I also very reluctantly sold my Lunar 2 box set a few years ago; sometimes needing cash it more important than sentimentality. Considering the price the guy bought it for, I know it went to another collector who would have treasured it as much as I did.

One game I will probably never sell is Xenogears. Besides not going for much, it's one of my all time favorites. This game can keep me hooked no matter how many times I replay it. For me, no other game can compare to the replay value alone.

my copy of Suikoden 2......and Okage: Shadow King.

Probably the rarest game I own is an arcade PCB of Mutant Fighter. I've never been able to find exact numbers but there can't be more than a hundred or so. My most cherished game is probably Popful Mail. It has a permanent spot front and center on my "rare, autographed or sentimental" shelf.

And then there's Snatcher of course.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    I'm very happy to have Gunlord on the Dreamcast. Any game released in 2012 for the Dreamcast is a win in my book. I missed out on Pier Solar on the Genesis so I kickstarted the Dreamcast version of that game and will get it later this year too.

Apart from that I just own "normal rare games". I have pretty much complete North American RPG collections for the Saturn, PS1 and Sega-CD and I really dig those too.
    I love the videos for Gunlord, but I haven't bought it yet. I'd ESPECIALLY love to buy the NeoGeo cart for it, but I don't have a Neo Geo! Yet... heh. I went in for Reux: Dark Matters, though I've been pretty upset with the way their (lack of) communication and delays have been handled. Oh well... I did go in for DC Pier Solar, too; VERY excited for that one.

My rarest aren't as rare as some:
    - US Jack Bros for Virtual Boy, CIB; Panzer Dragoon Saga, CIB. Both bought at recent market values, and both were very painful to the credit card... but I was sick of not owning 'em. My Jack Bros. box is probably one of the nicest in existence, though, so that's cool.
    - I also have Cosmic Ark for Atari 2600 sealed in box and signed by the programmer. I got it on an eBay auction supporting Child's Play, but I was stupid and didn't print out that page detailing the info, so I only have my word to go on at this point, heh.
    - A US copy of Faselei! for Neo Geo Pocket Color is hard to come by... $617 is ludicrous, though $45 is a bit low in my opinion (which makes that auction a great buy for anyone interested in NGPC collecting!). Great game, too -- I really liked it.

Most treasured:
    - Like many others, Xenogears. I bought it personally at a Best Buy after falling in love with the demo packaged in with Parasite Eve. My original copy doesn't work anymore (scratch on disc 1), but I can replace it pretty easily. I also picked it up for PSN, so I don't necessarily need my original copy -- I just want it.
    - Final Fantasy Tactics. It was the first PSX game I ever saw and the music, graphics, gameplay and story are still among my favorites
    - Neo Contra for PS2. Yes, this is as ridiculous an entry as you can get, but it's such a fun game to play with a friend. Protip: Neo Contra is best paired with pumpkin beer. Trust me -- it makes you better.

...and I could go on. I love all of my games, even the ones I haven't played yet.

Most wanted:
    - Snatcher (Sega CD). REALLY want to play this one.
    - The "rare 4" for Virtual Boy: Virtual Lab, Virtual Bowling, SD Gundam, Space Invaders. Also: Insmouse no Yakata. It's not as rare, but I want to play it.
    - And a whole bunch of arcade stand-ups, heh. (Gauntlet Legends, Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (sit down), Night Striker (sit down), Neo Geo MVS 4-slot + games, Killer Instinct 2...)
    There's probably more for this list, but those are the ones at the forefront of my mind.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast