Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How far along were the "Alex Punching Puppets" for Lunar 2 Eternal Blue?

Cool How far along were the "Alex Punching Puppets" for Lunar 2 Eternal Blue?

*Lunar Silver Star

As the picture indicates, there has to be at least a few prototypes floating around? Vic, do you have any? :P
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have all of the prototypes. There are six or seven (don't remember offhand). Since they're prototypes, each is different in some way from the others.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I seem to recall that one or two almost escaped from a "GameGenie" that had one on Ebay?

Regardless, they might ultimately very well be even more collectible than the most expensive PSX game ever (Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case), given their rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I seem to recall that one or two almost escaped from a "GameGenie" that had one on Ebay?

Regardless, they might ultimately very well be even more collectible than the most expensive PSX game ever (Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case), given their rarity.
    Yeah, when I was thinning out the cabinet with all the games and game stuff in it, I put one up on Ebay, but it didn't hit the reserve. Each prototype was very expensive to make, so if it couldn't hit the $1k reserve, I was going to just keep them, which I did.

Would be cool to see all 7 some time, if you ever have them out and feel like taking a few pictures.

I'd be curious to know how expensive is "very expensive"? These days thanks to the advancements made in 3D printer technology they probably wouldn't cost too much these days, unlike back then, to create prototypes for.
    Last edited by Fabrizo1; 05-27-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    I'd be curious to know how expensive is "very expensive"? These days thanks to the advancements made in 3D printer technology they probably wouldn't cost too much to create prototypes for.
    This was 13 years ago. You couldn't buy a 3D printer then, let alone for less than $1,000 like you can today.

Changed to what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    I'd be curious to know how expensive is "very expensive"? These days thanks to the advancements made in 3D printer technology they probably wouldn't cost too much these days, unlike back then, to create prototypes for.
    3D printing wouldn't have helped. The changes were to accessories (solid hat? fabric hat?), painting and costuming, all of which would not have been affected by 3D printing. The head/face was correct the first time out.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    3D printing wouldn't have helped. The changes were to accessories (solid hat? fabric hat?), painting and costuming, all of which would not have been affected by 3D printing. The head/face was correct the first time out.
    Vic, can you put pictures of the prototypes up?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast