Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How far along were the "Alex Punching Puppets" for Lunar 2 Eternal Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Vic, can you put pictures of the prototypes up?
    They're all packed away and not easily accessible.

Is the Ghaleon plushy packed away too?

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Is the Ghaleon plushy packed away too?
    I already had a picture of the Ghaleon prototypes (plush and puppet).

ghaleonproto_400x400.jpg

What ever inspired you to make punching puppets for the game anyhow? Such a strange promo item.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    What ever inspired you to make punching puppets for the game anyhow? Such a strange promo item.
    Dave Z had a punching Godzilla in the office and it was funny in many situations, so for some reason I thought that it would be even more fun were it a Ghaleon head instead of a lizard - and it was. We couldn't have done it as a promo item without something of the scale of LUNAR, because that's what helped drive the cost per unit down. We made like 50,000 of them. There are pictures in the guide of a sea of Ghaleon heads at the factory.

Alex was in prototypes and Lucia/Borgan were just the head/hats/trim molds. I'm most bummed we never made Borgan. His puppet would have been AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Dave Z had a punching Godzilla in the office and it was funny in many situations, so for some reason I thought that it would be even more fun were it a Ghaleon head instead of a lizard - and it was. We couldn't have done it as a promo item without something of the scale of LUNAR, because that's what helped drive the cost per unit down. We made like 50,000 of them. There are pictures in the guide of a sea of Ghaleon heads at the factory.

Alex was in prototypes and Lucia/Borgan were just the head/hats/trim molds. I'm most bummed we never made Borgan. His puppet would have been AWESOME.
    You can still make a borgan puppet and I will buy it.

Haha, that's kind of an awesome genesis for such a unique preorder bonus. I'm always amazed at the amount of merch you guys put out, both promo and retail. Tracking that alone has a long time and I'm still positive there are all sort of little things that were made in super small quantities. One of my friends who used to be in the industry said that the skill crane in your booths was the best place to get all the merch though

Haha, that's kind of an awesome genesis for such a unique preorder bonus. I'm always amazed at the amount of merch you guys put out, both promo and retail. Tracking that alone has a long time and I'm still positive there are all sort of little things that were made in super small quantities. One of my friends who used to be in the industry said that the skill crane in your booths was the best place to get all the merch though
    None of the prototype stuff was in the skill crane
    But cool things like Silhoutte Mirage plushies, Nall plushies were!

And even if you didn't win something from the crane you got a Ghaleon puppet!

Yeah, that crane was extremely popular. We put a couple Nall plushies, a couple Silhouette plushies (both of which are very rare), and a ton of Goemon plush in it and let people have at it. The line was more than 100 people long many times during the show. It almost completely ringed the booth.

Yeah, that crane was extremely popular. We put a couple Nall plushies, a couple Silhouette plushies (both of which are very rare), and a ton of Goemon plush in it and let people have at it. The line was more than 100 people long many times during the show. It almost completely ringed the booth.
    Will we ever see stuff like that with Gaijinworks? XP I missed out on all the promotions/collectibles of the WD era so I'm somewhat curious on what they'd be like lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast