Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: How far along were the "Alex Punching Puppets" for Lunar 2 Eternal Blue?

  1. #11
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Vic, can you put pictures of the prototypes up?
    They're all packed away and not easily accessible.

  2. #12
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,469
    Is the Ghaleon plushy packed away too?

  3. #13
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Is the Ghaleon plushy packed away too?
    I already had a picture of the Ghaleon prototypes (plush and puppet).

    ghaleonproto_400x400.jpg

  4. #14
    Senior Member Fabrizo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,176
    What ever inspired you to make punching puppets for the game anyhow? Such a strange promo item.

  5. #15
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    What ever inspired you to make punching puppets for the game anyhow? Such a strange promo item.
    Dave Z had a punching Godzilla in the office and it was funny in many situations, so for some reason I thought that it would be even more fun were it a Ghaleon head instead of a lizard - and it was. We couldn't have done it as a promo item without something of the scale of LUNAR, because that's what helped drive the cost per unit down. We made like 50,000 of them. There are pictures in the guide of a sea of Ghaleon heads at the factory.

    Alex was in prototypes and Lucia/Borgan were just the head/hats/trim molds. I'm most bummed we never made Borgan. His puppet would have been AWESOME.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Dave Z had a punching Godzilla in the office and it was funny in many situations, so for some reason I thought that it would be even more fun were it a Ghaleon head instead of a lizard - and it was. We couldn't have done it as a promo item without something of the scale of LUNAR, because that's what helped drive the cost per unit down. We made like 50,000 of them. There are pictures in the guide of a sea of Ghaleon heads at the factory.

    Alex was in prototypes and Lucia/Borgan were just the head/hats/trim molds. I'm most bummed we never made Borgan. His puppet would have been AWESOME.
    You can still make a borgan puppet and I will buy it.

  7. #17
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,469
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Dave Z had a punching Godzilla in the office and it was funny in many situations, so for some reason I thought that it would be even more fun were it a Ghaleon head instead of a lizard - and it was. We couldn't have done it as a promo item without something of the scale of LUNAR, because that's what helped drive the cost per unit down. We made like 50,000 of them. There are pictures in the guide of a sea of Ghaleon heads at the factory.

    Alex was in prototypes and Lucia/Borgan were just the head/hats/trim molds. I'm most bummed we never made Borgan. His puppet would have been AWESOME.
    Haha, that's kind of an awesome genesis for such a unique preorder bonus. I'm always amazed at the amount of merch you guys put out, both promo and retail. Tracking that alone has a long time and I'm still positive there are all sort of little things that were made in super small quantities. One of my friends who used to be in the industry said that the skill crane in your booths was the best place to get all the merch though

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Haha, that's kind of an awesome genesis for such a unique preorder bonus. I'm always amazed at the amount of merch you guys put out, both promo and retail. Tracking that alone has a long time and I'm still positive there are all sort of little things that were made in super small quantities. One of my friends who used to be in the industry said that the skill crane in your booths was the best place to get all the merch though
    None of the prototype stuff was in the skill crane
    But cool things like Silhoutte Mirage plushies, Nall plushies were!

    And even if you didn't win something from the crane you got a Ghaleon puppet!

  9. #19
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Haha, that's kind of an awesome genesis for such a unique preorder bonus. I'm always amazed at the amount of merch you guys put out, both promo and retail. Tracking that alone has a long time and I'm still positive there are all sort of little things that were made in super small quantities. One of my friends who used to be in the industry said that the skill crane in your booths was the best place to get all the merch though
    Yeah, that crane was extremely popular. We put a couple Nall plushies, a couple Silhouette plushies (both of which are very rare), and a ton of Goemon plush in it and let people have at it. The line was more than 100 people long many times during the show. It almost completely ringed the booth.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Yeah, that crane was extremely popular. We put a couple Nall plushies, a couple Silhouette plushies (both of which are very rare), and a ton of Goemon plush in it and let people have at it. The line was more than 100 people long many times during the show. It almost completely ringed the booth.
    Will we ever see stuff like that with Gaijinworks? XP I missed out on all the promotions/collectibles of the WD era so I'm somewhat curious on what they'd be like lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •