Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 993

Thread: Summon Night 5 Pre-Launch Waiting Thread (i.e. The Crying Game)

  1. #541
    Senior Member PhantomSentry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We didn't have a bearded drag queen sing this one, though. I guess there are still goals to shoot for if we want to top Eurovision.
    I remember the Lunar games saying several things that today's p**** society would whine about. Make fun of that guy or make an NPC in a game that's supposed to be him and watch the PC idiots lose their minds. lmao

  2. #542
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Thought this was 'interesting'. When asked if a cross-buy physical release would be possible, Limited Run Games answered the following on neoGAF.

    Sony charges publishers quite a bit for digital codes and it would make the $24.99 price point unfeasible. The digital codes are likely one of the main reasons Gaijinworks' releases are as expensive as they are.
    Don't think you can compare an empty Vita case with just the cart and no rating on the box to a PSP case with full colour manual, complete OST, 1 (or sometimes even 2) rating, different UMD art and potentially some other trinkets. Also American game vs Japanese game with localization costs.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  3. #543
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Not to mention Vic has said he spun it to Sony a bit. I believe he claimed more people would buy to get the code so I am guessing it was discounted for him rather nicely. Plus yeah, PSP vs Vita game.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  4. #544
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,947
    Yea, He only managed Because they are PSP games. I don't expect it to happen with Vita games.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Don't think you can compare an empty Vita case with just the cart and no rating on the box to a PSP case with full colour manual, complete OST, 1 (or sometimes even 2) rating, different UMD art and potentially some other trinkets. Also American game vs Japanese game with localization costs.
    Vic's the best when it comes to great physical editions, but at least for our game, it won't just be an empty box with a cart since we're planning on including a color manual.

  6. #546
    Senior Member EternalB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by werezompire View Post
    Vic's the best when it comes to great physical editions, but at least for our game, it won't just be an empty box with a cart since we're planning on including a color manual.
    Color manuals for the win! I bought an old Wii game yesterday (Calling) and got stoopid over seeing a color manual inside. Everytime I open a physical Vita game these days...my heart cracks a little more.

  7. #547
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,454
    Quote Originally Posted by werezompire View Post
    Vic's the best when it comes to great physical editions, but at least for our game, it won't just be an empty box with a cart since we're planning on including a color manual.
    OH MY GOD!
    I think this is the first US Vita game with an actual manual, my mind is kind of blown. I was expecting Sony to just remove that little clip from the case mold eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  8. #548
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,947
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    OH MY GOD!
    I think this is the first US Vita game with an actual manual, my mind is kind of blown. I was expecting Sony to just remove that little clip from the case mold eventually.
    Nope, Disney Infinity on Vita had an actual manual. I had posted a pic. (in the no manuals topic?) A couple others were mentioned as well I think.
    In part the manual is why I went after the MGS HD Vita EU version. (plus it was actually cheaper after shipping)
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  9. #549
    Senior Member Yamasura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    1,040
    Dengeki Bunko & Project Diva F 2nd both have manuals for the Vita versions as well.
    I like bacon.

  10. #550
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,454
    Well color me embarrassed then. Still, they're not very common so actually getting titles with them is a nice bo
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •