Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lunar 3

I really feel like at it's core Lunar is Ghaleon's saga, and it's unfinished. Lunar 3 needs to be about his adventures with Dyne.

The third in a series usually is a prequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Johojonosofet View Post
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, and most likely Breath of Fire 6 because they made it official that Dragon Quarter was actually Breath of Fire 5. It pained me to type that.
    The Japanese version of BoF: Dragon Quarter is called Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter. Also, it's one of the most amazing games of all-time (albeit very different than the previous games in the series).

Quote Originally Posted by DariaRPG View Post
    I really feel like at it's core Lunar is Ghaleon's saga, and it's unfinished. Lunar 3 needs to be about his adventures with Dyne.
    Unfinished? He misunderstood his friends' intentions and f***ed up. He realized his f*** up and redeemed himself in Lunar 2 so he could go with dignity. The level of character growth definitely comes down between Ghaleon and Nall. I'd like more story on Nall's time between the first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by werezompire View Post
    The Japanese version of BoF: Dragon Quarter is called Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter. Also, it's one of the most amazing games of all-time (albeit very different than the previous games in the series).
    Glad to see not everyone shits on this game. I played through and once you understand the (admittedly very obtuse) play mechanics the game is fun and the story is interesting. To anyone wanting to play, read the FAQ about the game first to understand what you are getting into and how the game works. The in-game explanations are not very helpful, and neither was the manual.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

You people realize both chrono cross and breath of fire dragon quarter actually have good reviews. Just because you don't like RE 4 doesn't mean its a bad game.

But yeah, technically Lunar Dragon song is lunar 3, and that one is not good even critically. But to be fair, its main issues are with gameplay rather than story, if they reworked it to be a normal turn based game I think the reviews would have been closer to average.

NM - did not know that Dragon Song had a different name (Genesis) elsewhere.
    Last edited by Astroshak; 09-19-2015 at 02:41 AM.

I can say that Breath of Fire is not the worst game I have played, I still have a save file that I need to load up and go through it again when the mood strikes. I just remembered hopping so hard on the hype train because Breath of Fire 3 was the first RPG I ever played and it's what took my RPG virginity :P After that I went to Electronic Boutique and asked about games that were like that and discovered what an RPG was and they showed me a few games and I chose Lunar SSSC next and then my obsessive RPG playing/collecting had begun.

Back on June 18, 2006 I bought BoF 5 and was all set to go, and it just was an unfriendly game to someone who had just recently been playing different RPGs and adapting to different mechanics for the first time. The you could only save on 1 slot only was difficult since I saw the counter kept going up, and I didn't want to waste steps y going around in a circle or to a dead end. The inability to copy the save data to another memory card to try to test out what direction I needed to go was a bust. The save token system that I had never seen before really messed with me since I ran out due to not understanding these are not things you can just buy from a store. Lastly the counter was what so frustrating. I understood not to go into dragon form since it really sucked doing it, but going through some bosses I had no choice. I never beaten this game, I could not get past D. Bosch due to my counter, lack of items, etc. I dies and had to restart and I went about 1/2 way but I couldn't go any further mentally.

I had to put the game back in the case and jump into a different RPG series .hack It will be a game I will get an urge to just pick back up again and beat and watch the ending, so it's not a bad game if I'm willing to go back to it and have plans to do it eventually. It was just an unforgiving RPG game to someone who was lost very much on how to deal with an RPG as this one.

Same thing could be said about Demons Souls, the game mechanics on those when I first played was just so much frustration. I played it when it first came out and even had the mini guide, (but I don't look at guides unless I beat the game at least 1 time, or have past that area and know that I can no longer return to that spot.) and had no dea it was a game people called unforgiving, you will die a million times, etc. I gave up and put the game back in its case and I was done from how much I was dying and losing all my souls, etc. Then about a year and a half later I said well lets give it a shot once more. About 10 days later I cleared it.

I have yet to play dragon song, I own it but still needs to be attempted one day, and BoF 5 although I say I hate the game, it is just due to the frustration of not being exposed to an RP like it before and just getting screwed at every corner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12