Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Vita Questions

  1. #11
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,224
    I have two 8GB cards (one in Vita one in PSTV) and find the Vita is practically full. I don't have PSTV connected.

  2. #12
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I think that the OLED advantages are overstated. There are a number of reasons why OLED is not a dominant technology. If it were, high-end phones would use nothing but OLED. A few do, and oft claim to be high-end.
    LCD needs to die though, the only advantage that is that it's cheap. And OLED seems to be the only somewhat legitimate alternative around these days.
    Last edited by JWiley_12; 09-28-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  3. #13
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,945
    More and more TVs are using OLED. So it's not going away for some time yet.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    I recommend the OLED Vita, just don't drop it or when the screen is all black you'll see darker blotches on it but you can barely notice it unless you're aware it happens.

  5. #15
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I recommend the OLED Vita, just don't drop it or when the screen is all black you'll see darker blotches on it but you can barely notice it unless you're aware it happens.
    In most cases you wouldn't even see the dark blotches imo. It's probably going to have to be fairly dark in the place you're sitting for you to actually see them.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  6. #16
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I recommend the OLED Vita, just don't drop it or when the screen is all black you'll see darker blotches on it but you can barely notice it unless you're aware it happens.
    It's not caused by dropping. It's a manufacturer process (a normal process) that causes those slight imperfections on black backgrounds (more noticeable if the room you are in is also dark). I've had it on my previous cell phones. Not a huge deal and not any one Vita is 100% free from those artifacts.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    lol guys that's not even a nitpic, just pointing it out, and yes it will happen if you drop it (aside from the manufacturing defects). Mine fell once and it appeared in the corner it landed on. My cousin dropped hers horrendously and they now appear on every edge of the screen. But yes you will not really notice it and it doesn't affect gameplay or anything to that effect in the slightest.

  8. #18
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,945
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    It's not caused by dropping. It's a manufacturer process (a normal process) that causes those slight imperfections on black backgrounds (more noticeable if the room you are in is also dark). I've had it on my previous cell phones. Not a huge deal and not any one Vita is 100% free from those artifacts.
    I won't even start on the freaks who exchange a million systems to get one "just right". Button too "clicky" my ***.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  9. #19
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,509
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    More and more TVs are using OLED. So it's not going away for some time yet.
    Not trying to debate this, but I get my hands on a lot of high-end TVs and none have ever been OLED.

    It's simply the new thing to get people to buy TVs when they can no longer make money off of LCD. They try something new every few years. Projectton, flatscreen, wide screen, plasma, LCD, 1-chip DLP, 3-chip DLP, 3D, 120 Hz, 4K, OLED, laser LCD projection. Honestly, I think that the OLED TVs are another passing fad because they simply cannot compete with LCD due to the substantially higher cost. OLED is getting cheaper but I don't think that it will ever catch up. If it does, there will just be something new. Better color / contrast / refresh could not save CRT and plasma from LCD, and it won't do the same for OLED either, because people don't care enough about it. They only care how big their TV is.

  10. #20
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Not trying to debate this, but I get my hands on a lot of high-end TVs and none have ever been OLED.

    It's simply the new thing to get people to buy TVs when they can no longer make money off of LCD. They try something new every few years. Projectton, flatscreen, wide screen, plasma, LCD, 1-chip DLP, 3-chip DLP, 3D, 120 Hz, 4K, OLED, laser LCD projection. Honestly, I think that the OLED TVs are another passing fad because they simply cannot compete with LCD due to the substantially higher cost. OLED is getting cheaper but I don't think that it will ever catch up. If it does, there will just be something new. Better color / contrast / refresh could not save CRT and plasma from LCD, and it won't do the same for OLED either, because people don't care enough about it. They only care how big their TV is.
    Plasma is not "something new" or a fad.

    "In 1936, Kálmán Tihanyi, a Hungarian engineer, described the principle of "plasma television" and conceived the first flat-panel display system."

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_display#History
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •