Page 835 of 975 FirstFirst ... 335735785825833834835836837845885935 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,350 of 9745

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

I was expecting this.

Just try with SRG's variant once they put it up for sale.

This game was under-printed. 3k copies weren't enough, imo. But that's not LRG fault.

Clearly. Though LRG stuck to their 1000 run. I bet 4k + 2k for LRG would have done well.
    I thought it looked ok but decided I'd just skip it. No idea if I'd have cleared the checkout or not.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    I was expecting this.

Just try with SRG's variant once they put it up for sale.

This game was under-printed. 3k copies weren't enough, imo. But that's not LRG fault.
    why would special games partner with them in the 1st place? it cheapens their brand. they are releasing a limited print of a game but lrg gets to release the even more limited version. i could care less what cover it has, i just wanted a physical copy & i don't have an account set up with special games, just easier to buy the lrg version. i've just said **** it at this point, i don't do digital & i don't trust special's website so i'll likely never play ruiner. probably not a huge loss.

the way i see it is, if you've got a good video game, you can probably just get a normal physical retail run. the only reason you'd need lrg or special games or super ultra/whatever the companies that are popping up these days are calling themselves would be if you've developed a mediocre at best attempt at a game. i'm not just referring to AAA games, i'm saying truly good indie games have recieved real retail print runs (stardew valley, shovel knight, some shantae games). i have no idea why the shantae guys decided to go with lrg. probably lost a bet.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    why would special games partner with them in the 1st place? it cheapens their brand. they are releasing a limited print of a game but lrg gets to release the even more limited version. i could care less what cover it has, i just wanted a physical copy & i don't have an account set up with special games, just easier to buy the lrg version. i've just said **** it at this point, i don't do digital & i don't trust special's website so i'll likely never play ruiner. probably not a huge loss.

the way i see it is, if you've got a good video game, you can probably just get a normal physical retail run. the only reason you'd need lrg or special games or super ultra/whatever the companies that are popping up these days are calling themselves would be if you've developed a mediocre at best attempt at a game. i'm not just referring to AAA games, i'm saying truly good indie games have recieved real retail print runs (stardew valley, shovel knight, some shantae games). i have no idea why the shantae guys decided to go with lrg. probably lost a bet.
    I wondered that too. My thought was LRG offered them a good deal to try and keep them as partners instead of competition. Then all these other "Limited Games" popped up.

Most of these games could atleast do a 5k run on Amazon and some like Pixeljunk could do a small retail run. That could easily be a $20-30 game like all the Sodesco games are.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post

Strongly agree with this.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Yeah, that should be the ideal scenario. I guess that they see that going along with LRG and the others is a less risky move, with less work to figure out by themselves.

I also never understood the SRG-LRG partnership, but that's how they roll. I wonder what is behind the curtains.

We currently have over thirty physical PlayStation Vita releases in the works and every single one of them will release just fine.
    So that means one every other week.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Slowing down.

SRG partnered with LRG because LRG is more well-known (since they started the trend). If nothing else, seeing the variant on LRG's website will inform people that SRG exists... I'm sure both companies are happy with the publicity.

Playasia tossed up Reverie today. I paid no attention to the spam for it till now, but glancing at a trailer it doesn't look like a bad little game. $31.99USD shipped with the CENSORED coupon for a limited CE doesn't seem like a bad deal. No idea if it'll be worth money in the long run, seeing as PA throws out regular versions after milking the limited collector demand...