Page 78 of 976 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178578 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

The reason for Saturday Morning RPG is because LRG is a division/offshoot of Mighty Rabbit Studios. Mighty Rabbit has made two games- Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG. The reason those two games were the first ones LRG did is because A) negotiating the contracts was super-simple and B) proof of concept. Putting out a good product that performs well means it's far easier to deal with other studios, so it makes perfect sense in a somewhat roundabout way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post
    The reason for Saturday Morning RPG is because LRG is a division/offshoot of Mighty Rabbit Studios. Mighty Rabbit has made two games- Breach & Clear and Saturday Morning RPG. The reason those two games were the first ones LRG did is because A) negotiating the contracts was super-simple and B) proof of concept. Putting out a good product that performs well means it's far easier to deal with other studios, so it makes perfect sense in a somewhat roundabout way.
    did not know this, now I do.
    not sure it makes 'perfect sense' though. Is SMRPG popular enough to sell through even a very limited run like this? I know Retro City Rampage did this, and now its a scalper's market on them. This is a port of an iOS game with heavy emphasis on touch screen for the scratch stickers (the game's biggest flaw if you're playing it in a non-touch screen format)

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I'm sure you can find someone to buy the cd for you.
    I can buy it digital from Amazon. toying with the idea. I own the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack and am such a dork I listen to it from time to time. Hearing the battle music in SMRPG was a big "WTF!" moment since it sounds so much like the Transformers movie instrumentals (not by chance, same guy did music for both)

SMRPG will do just fine, especially considering Breach and Clear sold out pretty quickly and between the two sm is the more niche crowd style game. Breach and Clear feels like something Arnold should be doing Ap store commercials for. "when you only need one chopper, send in ten. Build your walls twice as high as needed."

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    SMRPG will do just fine, especially considering Breach and Clear sold out pretty quickly and between the two sm is the more niche crowd style game. Breach and Clear feels like something Arnold should be doing Ap store commercials for. "when you only need one chopper, send in ten. Build your walls twice as high as needed."
    Right on point, Breach & Clear was not expected to sell out so fast, SMRPG has been better reviewed and is a favorite at the office. The touch screen functions which is the Scratch n Sniff can be used with a joystick or touch pad. On Vita you can use the touch screen to play the whole game is you want to.

I know it's kinda random, but I'm really hoping LRG manages to get Darkest Dungeon for a physical release. I'd be happy to pay for a physical copy of that.

Quote Originally Posted by macross_green View Post
    I know it's kinda random, but I'm really hoping LRG manages to get Darkest Dungeon for a physical release. I'd be happy to pay for a physical copy of that.
    Push it on Twitter! I spoke to them at PSX and hung out with them a bit.

I'll go ahead and give that a shot then! If anything, might be fun to see if there's any response at all.

10 AM Friday for SRPG.
    Last edited by banditwolf; 01-28-2016 at 02:29 AM.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

Ele is on mountain time.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Hmm. I was thinking it was 8AM est, maybe that was due to seeing ele's post. Either way than.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.