Page 100 of 976 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 9757

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Yeah I've had that happen a few times, though not in awhile.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah I've had that happen a few times, though not in awhile.
    That happened to me with the third volume of GoLion (and the seller flat out told me he wasn't going to send it due to wanting more money after canceling the auction and refunding me). I was so pissed after having the winning bid of $30 or so on a used copy that I rage-bought a sealed copy that cost too much money, since somehow that was better than still not having it and being screwed over. This rarely shows up on eBay or Amazon in any condition, so I don't even regret it; it was just an all-around annoying experience. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happens if I ever see the third volume of Dairugger listed (it probably hasn't been on eBay in a year or so).
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 02-06-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Ive honestly had sellers cancel on me several times because the item sold for less than they were expecting. They then somehow lost the game, and when I contacted ebay they said too bad. Honestly with their policies there is basically nothing forcing either the seller or buyer to actual honor the auction.
    DragonmasterDan has an excellent story about hit-japan doing that years ago.
    I personally can't stand that kind of stuff, ebay lets you set the start price and add a reserve if you want so there is no excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

The excuse is being lazy and not price checking beforehand. It's really crappy that sellers can get away with it though and it's just not something that happens at actual stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    The excuse is being lazy and not price checking beforehand. It's really crappy that sellers can get away with it though and it's just not something that happens at actual stores.
    Hold on though because buyers are just as bad. Ive had a guy buy the same item from 3 times, forcing me to relist each time because there was no way to block him. Cost me a sale because their were other bidders. I think ebay is crap either way, whether its the buyer or seller.

Hold on though because buyers are just as bad. Ive had a guy buy the same item from 3 times, forcing me to relist each time because there was no way to block him. Cost me a sale because their were other bidders. I think ebay is crap either way, whether its the buyer or seller.
    There are definitely ways to block buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    If a seller blocks me, will I not be able to see the items that he is selling?

Ive honestly had sellers cancel on me several times because the item sold for less than they were expecting. They then somehow lost the game, and when I contacted ebay they said too bad. Honestly with their policies there is basically nothing forcing either the seller or buyer to actual honor the auction.
    Seems similar to the childhood cliche "My dog ate my homework." except this works.

Oh that's definitely true, I've dealt with crappy buyers before as well. The worst non-scam time was when someone spazzed out and filed a claim because the USPS wasn't scanning a package... They filed a claim immediately instead of waiting, and the package showed up the next day. >_>

Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    This. I had someone scam me last summer so I blocked them after it was all done. They buy cheaper camcorders, say they are broken hoping to keep them and then part them out and sell them later. I didn't want to take it back because I figured it was better to be out $15-ish than down about $30 while hoping to sell it again to break even on it.

Ebay does make it not super easy iirc because they like money and they don't care how they get it but like tubsi says you can definitely block people.

With Ebay (when I used to sell stuff frequently), I always put up the "no refund" policy. Sure, it scares away many honest people (I hate it as well), but I can't afford to have people bitch and moan about the $4 item I sent to them. If I personally know I took great care of whatever it is, and I sent it out in great packaging... them complaining is either a REALLY unfortunate mailing issue, OR they're lying.

Most of the time, they're just stupid liars.

The worse issues I've ever had were NUMEROUS people getting angry over a product because they didn't read the product description, or they couldn't understand the product title claiming exactly what it was they were buying. If something is missing a manual, I clearly state it (for example).