Page 176 of 976 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 9757

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

I was thinking they are one shot releases.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

Indiebox is pretty sweet. Working on trying to do something with them. We hit it off at PAX, everyone at limited run has already had a subscription to them.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    Indiebox is pretty sweet. Working on trying to do something with them. We hit it off at PAX, everyone at limited run has already had a subscription to them.
    I thought there were only two of you?
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

IndieBox has contacted Toby Fox to do an Undertale run, but he didn't show much interest.

Which is a shame because so many people want a physical release.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    I thought there were only two of you?
    True, got me!

I actually only heard about Limited Run Games just recently, and I've been trying to make a point of keeping an eye on it, and others like videogamesplus.ca, because I won't review a game unless I have a physical copy. The ONLY exception to this so far was when I did Corpse Party, and I made that exception because time was tight and I needed a horror title for a Halloween Special. I even took great pains to make my own quasi "physical copy". (Here's a link to the cover-art I made for enthusiasts of that kinda thing: http://imgur.com/Oqrt6GF)

As a collector, I really, really want physical copies. But I think that as a fan of quality physical releases, I really need to start buying some new games. Collecting is expensive so I normally look for solid deals at pawn shops, garage sales and thrift stores, but I think soon I'll cave and pick up SummonNight 5, and hopefully many others... Just trying to build up my funds!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    So apparently they do have 1-month and 3-month options on IndieBox's site.
    You need to be really careful with that one-month sub on IndieBox. It doesn't stop until you tell it to stop, so once you're signed up for one month you're signed up for the next one month too, and the one month after that, etc. I ended up with a couple of games because that caught me.

I mean sure, I'd like to check out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, but my wife and I know better than to play a game demanding too many tasks between too few people and the need to communicate with each other to work in synch. We like being married and view that kind of activity as a great way to not be any more. So the box sits on my shelf looking nice, but unplayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post
    You need to be really careful with that one-month sub on IndieBox. It doesn't stop until you tell it to stop, so once you're signed up for one month you're signed up for the next one month too, and the one month after that, etc. I ended up with a couple of games because that caught me.

I mean sure, I'd like to check out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, but my wife and I know better than to play a game demanding too many tasks between too few people and the need to communicate with each other to work in synch. We like being married and view that kind of activity as a great way to not be any more. So the box sits on my shelf looking nice, but unplayed.
    Did you use PayPal or your credit card when that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post

A very typical business tactic but thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    Did you use PayPal or your credit card when that happened?
    It's not hard to set up recurring payments for either, so it probably doesn't matter which you use.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Do they not make it clear that you're signed up?
    Nobody will tell me how to live.