Page 176 of 976 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 9757

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

  1. #1751
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,963
    I was thinking they are one shot releases.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

  2. #1752
    Indiebox is pretty sweet. Working on trying to do something with them. We hit it off at PAX, everyone at limited run has already had a subscription to them.

  3. #1753
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    Indiebox is pretty sweet. Working on trying to do something with them. We hit it off at PAX, everyone at limited run has already had a subscription to them.
    I thought there were only two of you?
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  4. #1754
    Senior Member Brad Silvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    231
    IndieBox has contacted Toby Fox to do an Undertale run, but he didn't show much interest.

    Which is a shame because so many people want a physical release.

  5. #1755
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    I thought there were only two of you?
    True, got me!

  6. #1756
    Member SuperDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    49
    I actually only heard about Limited Run Games just recently, and I've been trying to make a point of keeping an eye on it, and others like videogamesplus.ca, because I won't review a game unless I have a physical copy. The ONLY exception to this so far was when I did Corpse Party, and I made that exception because time was tight and I needed a horror title for a Halloween Special. I even took great pains to make my own quasi "physical copy". (Here's a link to the cover-art I made for enthusiasts of that kinda thing: http://imgur.com/Oqrt6GF)

    As a collector, I really, really want physical copies. But I think that as a fan of quality physical releases, I really need to start buying some new games. Collecting is expensive so I normally look for solid deals at pawn shops, garage sales and thrift stores, but I think soon I'll cave and pick up SummonNight 5, and hopefully many others... Just trying to build up my funds!

  7. #1757
    Senior Member Jamesac68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    So apparently they do have 1-month and 3-month options on IndieBox's site.
    You need to be really careful with that one-month sub on IndieBox. It doesn't stop until you tell it to stop, so once you're signed up for one month you're signed up for the next one month too, and the one month after that, etc. I ended up with a couple of games because that caught me.

    I mean sure, I'd like to check out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, but my wife and I know better than to play a game demanding too many tasks between too few people and the need to communicate with each other to work in synch. We like being married and view that kind of activity as a great way to not be any more. So the box sits on my shelf looking nice, but unplayed.

  8. #1758
    Senior Member Brad Silvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post
    You need to be really careful with that one-month sub on IndieBox. It doesn't stop until you tell it to stop, so once you're signed up for one month you're signed up for the next one month too, and the one month after that, etc. I ended up with a couple of games because that caught me.

    I mean sure, I'd like to check out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, but my wife and I know better than to play a game demanding too many tasks between too few people and the need to communicate with each other to work in synch. We like being married and view that kind of activity as a great way to not be any more. So the box sits on my shelf looking nice, but unplayed.
    Did you use PayPal or your credit card when that happened?

  9. #1759
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post
    You need to be really careful with that one-month sub on IndieBox. It doesn't stop until you tell it to stop, so once you're signed up for one month you're signed up for the next one month too, and the one month after that, etc. I ended up with a couple of games because that caught me.

    I mean sure, I'd like to check out Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, but my wife and I know better than to play a game demanding too many tasks between too few people and the need to communicate with each other to work in synch. We like being married and view that kind of activity as a great way to not be any more. So the box sits on my shelf looking nice, but unplayed.
    A very typical business tactic but thanks for the heads up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    Did you use PayPal or your credit card when that happened?
    It's not hard to set up recurring payments for either, so it probably doesn't matter which you use.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  10. #1760
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,963
    Do they not make it clear that you're signed up?
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •