Page 963 of 974 FirstFirst ... 463863913953961962963964965973 ... LastLast
Results 9,621 to 9,630 of 9731

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Evidently, LucasArts exists only to license out old stuff at this point.

I supped it's great if you like buying "official" repros.

Yeah at first glance I was like this is cool then realized, like with the Stars Wars cart stuff, the original games are actually probably cheaper to buy.

If they did some official re-proing of rarer stuff maybe a bit more interesting.

LRG isn't dead yet?
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Yeah at first glance I was like this is cool then realized, like with the Stars Wars cart stuff, the original games are actually probably cheaper to buy.

If they did some official re-proing of rarer stuff maybe a bit more interesting.
    Cheaper, easily accessible, and worth more.

I liked the recent Irem official repros, like Holy Diver and Metal Storm. I guess that they have a blue version for Metal Storm now. I won't buy them though.

I'm going to echo what everyone else has been clamoring for on LRG's social media pages and hope they reprint Snatcher, Keio Flying Squadron, and Popful Mail. I already own a copy of Popful Mail, but the more we put a damper on the scalper's market, the better. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed by everyone, not hoarded.

I'll buy these games because I'm a sucker for SegaCD, and I'll hate myself for it. But it just seems like a huge cash in using the LucaseArts properties.

I agree reprints of other high value SegaCD games would be nice, but the rights for anything rare are a mess, that's why they haven't been re-released.
    They'd need Working Designs, Falcom, and Sega and on board for something like Popful Mail, and JVC for Keio. The easiest might be Konami since they really will just do anything for money at the point I think, but I'm not sure if Kojima still owns part of the IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    I'm going to echo what everyone else has been clamoring for on LRG's social media pages and hope they reprint Snatcher, Keio Flying Squadron, and Popful Mail. I already own a copy of Popful Mail, but the more we put a damper on the scalper's market, the better. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed by everyone, not hoarded.
    ... But your logic is flawed. Lets say they actually reprint Snatcher. 95% of the copies sold will remain sealed, because sealed copies will immediately skyrocket in value to $200-300, where opened copies will only be worth $100-200. Also there is no current scalper market for Snatcher, but if they're selling copies for ~10% of the potential scalp price, watch those scalpers pour in and hoard to get rich rich rich!

If you wanna play the game and don't want to buy a legit copy for the fair market price, just pirate it. The SegaCD has ZERO copy protection. The only reason to buy the game is because you want the pretty box sitting on your shelf.
    Hell, I have Snatcher and I don't even play it, I have the game on a CDR for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar14 View Post
    Hell, I have Snatcher and I don't even play it, I have the game on a CDR for that.
    I had to laugh because I'm the same way. I have a number of copies of Popful Mail but only play on a CD-R I ripped years back. I'd especially not risk an expensive game in something like a Model 1 SegaCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

My dream came true from last year, that someone like LRG would do a physical release of the Panzer Dragoon update!

The classic edition with the retro Saturn case is very cool idea and Ill be a sucker and buy one, but Im not sure it was the right call to replicate the old artwork style. PD1 has one of the worst artworks in the NA library so I think they should have done either the nice Switch artwork on it or perhaps the original JPN saturn artwork.

https://limitedrungames.com/collecti...lassic-edition

I really wish they had waited a month for that.
    Any chance it will still be available Mid May?
    Sanity is the Lie, There is only Madness.