Page 300 of 976 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400800 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 9757

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I think that some of you are part of the problem when it comes to modern games. You have a hard time drawing a line on anything between "AAA" and "garbage", but you are also unable to justify paying for quality mobile or digital games. You equate lower budget with lower quality, even if the game has some new ideas or concepts that make it unique and potentially fun. Or you simply don't have interest in a particular style or genre based only upon reviews or early impressions. Whatever, doesn't matter to me. Not every game is made for everyone.

I'm not going to claim to have played all of my LRGs, because I haven't. I don't think that hardly anyone here has. But there really is only one of the bunch that I don't find particularly appealing, mainly due to its art style. But the fact of the matter is, a few games are critically acclaimed (Shadow Complex was a HUGE release on 360) Oddworld is an outstanding series, and most games are well reviewed by their target audiences. I feel that a lot of you are disinterested mainly because they aren't the exact games that you are looking for.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 08-30-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I think that some of you are part of the problem when it comes to modern games. You have a hard time drawing a line on anything between "AAA" and "garbage", but you are also unable to justify paying for quality mobile or digital games. You equate lower budget with lower quality, even if the game has some new ideas or concepts that make it unique and potentially fun. Or you simply don't have interest in a particular style or genre based only upon reviews or early impressions. Whatever, doesn't matter to me. Not every game is made for everyone.
    I wouldn't say I have an issue paying for digital games. I have hundreds even if it's not my first preference (though I'm probably going to sell my physical Xeodrifter and just buy it digitally). Mobile I will admit is not my thing.

I, in fact, earlier stated that lots of games are in the middle ground. There is indeed a space between blockbuster mega games and total garbage, it's where a lot of games fall. You know how I feel about Octodad and where it sits.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I'm not going to claim to have played all of my LRGs, because I haven't. I don't think that hardly anyone here has. But there really is only one of the bunch that I don't find particularly appealing, mainly due to its art style. But the fact of the matter is, a few games are critically acclaimed (Shadow Complex was a HUGE release on 360) Oddworld is an outstanding series, and most games are well reviewed by their target audiences. I feel that a lot of you are disinterested mainly because they aren't the exact games that you are looking for.
    Krownklown maybe. Other than that who do you mean? As you know I am interested in a wide array of games. Basically only really purely excluding vns for reasons already hashed out and not worth revisiting. Any other genre I probably have multiple examples of unless it's some oddball one-off and nothing there comes to mind.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Holy cow, this topic exploded today... I didn't expect to come back and see all of this.

Quick summary: Due to the size of the fan bases for each game, I'd say that many of the LRG releases so far aren't anything special aside from say, Octodad (like, what?) and Oddworld. Shadow Complex seemed to spark a lot of hype, but I had never heard of it prior (but I also never owned an XBox, 360 or XBone).

Quick question though for anyone to answer, did the last wave of releases ship yet? Shadow Complex / Rainbow Moon?

Edit: Forgot, Soldner seemed like a fantastic little shmup that I missed out on. It seemed to be anything but crap.
    Last edited by Tubsiwub; 08-30-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Their twitter says they are shipping out. I've not had an email yet. (not that it helps much)
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    Holy cow, this topic exploded today... I didn't expect to come back and see all of this.

Quick summary: Due to the size of the fan bases for each game, I'd say that many of the LRG releases so far aren't anything special aside from say, Octodad (like, what?) and Oddworld. Shadow Complex seemed to spark a lot of hype, but I had never heard of it prior (but I also never owned an XBox, 360 or XBone).
    Shadow Complex was a huge hit in '09. People without XBox 360 wouldn't have known. I think that the remaster sorta flew under the radar.

Quick question though for anyone to answer, did the last wave of releases ship yet? Shadow Complex / Rainbow Moon?
    Not yet. New fulfillment company is kinda slow, but it always gets here.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 08-30-2016 at 02:20 AM.

Ah, thanks for the info.

The last time I ordered they shipped almost immediately, which was super surprising. I shouldn't expect it to be so perfect, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post

Edit: Forgot, Soldner seemed like a fantastic little shmup that I missed out on. It seemed to be anything but crap.
    Yeah Soldner is fine, I'd say only 2-3 releases are truly bad and I even bought one of them (Lost Sea).

Edit: I have not received a shipping notice either but have seen the tweet referenced.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    Bottom of a garbage can? Really?

Oddworld, Shadow Complex, Octodad, Volume, One Way Heroics, & Nuclear Throne are considered garbage to you? I don't think any of the games we've released or announced are garbage. If you think those games are garbage I'd hate to see what you would think about the games we passed on.

I don't think we will ever be able to please you then. We have even bigger games signed that aren't announced but they are probably still and always will be garbage to you.
    Given how you think Octodad somehow ISN'T garbage, i wouldn't be surprised if the games you've passed up were stuff like Rouge Legacy, Axiom Verge, or Darius Burst, Wild Guns reloaded, Shantae, etc et al. Also, which nuclear throne sounds more appealing, the one with each copy containing 4 different versions of the game on at least 3 different platforms if not more, a manual that may well be the size of a vita box, a physical copy of the game, a soundtrack CD, tons of extra goodies and a giant box to hold them in for 45 shipped, or just the box and game, maybe a manual, maybe not, and if you're lucky and OMG EXTREMELY LIMITED CD BUY IT NOW!!! for 40 bucks plus ~10 bucks shipping.

Is that what real-life video game addiction looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    Given how you think Octodad somehow ISN'T garbage, i wouldn't be surprised if the games you've passed up were stuff like Rouge Legacy, Axiom Verge, or Darius Burst, Wild Guns reloaded, Shantae, etc et al. Also, which nuclear throne sounds more appealing, the one with each copy containing 4 different versions of the game on at least 3 different platforms if not more, a manual that may well be the size of a vita box, a physical copy of the game, a soundtrack CD, tons of extra goodies and a giant box to hold them in for 45 shipped, or just the box and game, maybe a manual, maybe not, and if you're lucky and OMG EXTREMELY LIMITED CD BUY IT NOW!!! for 40 bucks plus ~10 bucks shipping.
    I know it wasn't aimed at me, but I don't see the point you're trying to make.