Page 192 of 973 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 9728

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Laura Shigihara!

I got the Chrono Trigger/Cross Arrange Album recently which features her vocals and she does an amazing job. There are a couple tracks especially that are just beautiful and can pretty much bring me to tears when I hear them. It'll be cool to hear her in another upcoming title, she's quite talented.
    She was also in one of our songs from our last game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W_WRaeiQbc
    Super talented individual. Her own RPG, Rakuen, is almost done - I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the info! I just found her on Twitter too and have been listening to what she's got up so far for the Rakuen OST, it sounds amazing and the setting/idea is promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

We have to follow the laws set by customs for countries or we will end up like France and Germany. I feel bad for places like Finland and The Netherlands, they have high fees. I'm going to see if I can find ways around it, but at the end of the day we did everything we could.

That Yodel **** is annoying though, just had a customer fwd a chat with them about a lost package and they basically told him tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    I feel bad for places like Finland and The Netherlands, they have high fees.
    Their people are also comparatively richer, so you shouldn't feel sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    Their people are also comparatively richer, so you shouldn't feel sorry for them.
    That doesn't mean they deserve to get f*cked though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    Lol, this is based on what? Your gut feeling?

Here's a list of average income per capita per country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_average_wage

USA: place 4
    The Netherlands: place 9
    Finland: place 17

Also... dat Belgian compulsory deduction...
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Income is only one variable. What stuff costs is just as important.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Income is only one variable. What stuff costs is just as important.
    You really believe food/stuff is more expensive in the USA than in Europe when the average VAT rate in Europe is 20%? :-)

The stuff that is really expensive in the US compared to here is everything that is not organized by the government.
    E.g. education is crazy expensive in your country compared to here.
    E.g. health care is also very expensive in the US if you don't have insurance. Here you don't need insurance and you can still go to the best doctors at very affordable prices.

So basically everything we pay taxes for (and you don't) is a lot cheaper over here. Because we already paid/contributed for it.

If you stay healthy and don't need any government services, that mechanism means you are typically overpaying for what you get though. But at the same time you have a collective safety net, just in case some tragedy changes the course of your life. In the US you're more on your own. If you run your own business for example, and then you have an accident that cripples you, you can end up in the gutter. Here you're not as much on your own in such cases.
    Last edited by JWiley_12; 05-31-2016 at 09:01 PM.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

There are fairly big differences from state to state to I'm sure there are pretty big differences between countries.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Tell me where I said Eu was more expensive? (OR anywhere) Always so defensive aren't we?
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."