Page 439 of 974 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539939 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 9731

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Speaking as someone who works the paying job in customer service, I'd recommend a slightly more flexible approach. Initial push-back is fine, especially on those last two excuses, but the first two are at least semi-reasonable. I get that it's annoying, but as a rule customers tend to be more blind than malicious. Hold the line, quote policy, and then (as you're currently planning on doing) go case-by-case. Good luck, because balancing good customer service with not being taken advantage of is an incredibly delicate balancing act.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Lol in particular at the third one. Don't buy something if you can't afford it...........
    You'd think people could budget, but you'd be surprised how many can't.

I applaud you for willing to deal with people who do this kind of crap though Dougie. You have to be super careful though, because I bet there are folks that would try and do a charge-back and still keep the item you shipped if you refuse to let them cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I'm going to look at it on a case by case basis, most just have time limits, like if you let me know you bought the wrong game two days after you bought it and I'm about to ship it, then it's too late.

I'm not evil or unfair, so I'll make sure people are taken care of. It's more for people who abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    Most of them are the following,

"I meant to buy vita and bought ps4!"

"I didn't see the bundle option!"

"I'm a college student and can't afford this!"

"I don't want the damn game, cancel it!"

So now I'm going to deny those kind of cancellations. If it's something like "I just had emergency surgery and I'm selling my collection, please cancel this!" then that's okay. Everything will be case by case.
    LOL

And now you'll be flooded with "I just had surgery" excuses.

While you're around, any games this week? Doesn't seem like it but I don't want to miss if there is.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    LOL

And now you'll be flooded with "I just had surgery" excuses.

While you're around, any games this week? Doesn't seem like it but I don't want to miss if there is.
    Nothing this week, we are shooting for the 27th but that date isn't concrete. Should be 5 SKUs at once, with the option to hold them with February releases.

Ouch on the wallet.
    Also. Holy crap at the madness that's going to cause.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Nothing this week, we are shooting for the 27th but that date isn't concrete. Should be 5 SKUs at once, with the option to hold them with February releases.
    Five at once... may be time to finally just commit to PS4 copies only.
    PSN/Steam/XBL - DrgnSlayerDyne

Quote Originally Posted by EternalB View Post
    Five at once... may be time to finally just commit to PS4 copies only.
    We aren't fans of doing that many, we did 5 SKUs if you include the Thomas Was Alone soundtrack and that was rough on us and our customers.

What exactly does that mean? You guys will hold onto the games until Feb and ship them all together for combined shipping costs or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    What exactly does that mean? You guys will hold onto the games until Feb and ship them all together for combined shipping costs or something?
    Made this example of our new hold or combine system on our forums:

It will go like this!

Order 1 Please hold $5 + $hiping price
    Order 2 Please hold $5 - Refund shipping
    Order 3 Please hold $5 - Refund shipping (if at end of the month tally and weigh it all up, as long as the original shipping and hold fees cover the shipping, then all good to go!)

Now if you just want to combine on the same run like:

Order 1, Vita - Shipping fee
    Order 2, PS4 - Refund shipping fee but keep $2 for the surcharge of combining the order.