Page 469 of 974 FirstFirst ... 369419459467468469470471479519569969 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 9731

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    What a rude thing to say, it's like you want us to keep runs at 3,000 units and two per person...
    If you made a video of you putting every copy of that game in a pile and burnt them, I wouldn't care if you had 1000 print runs and unlimited copy's per customer

I'll stand by my comment, but jesus I sound ****ing edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by snakebilly View Post
    If you made a video of you putting every copy of that game in a pile and burnt them, I wouldn't care if you had 1000 print runs and unlimited copy's per customer

you really don't like dear esther.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    why do you guys keep the runs low? seems like a safe bet to say that you could easily sell double (maybe triple) the amount that you do. if i was an indie game developer & the publisher of my game called & said 'hey, looks like we could probably move a couple thousand more copies' i can't imagine any reason to say no.
    We typically sign games at a safe number that we know will sell out but if the pre-release hype is huge for a title and we have time, we will ask the developer if we can up the number a little.

Just as everyone has said, it's a super fine line between selling out and getting stuck with a bunch of copies of a game.

I do think most/all games could be done with a 5k minimum now. Possibly with most having a limit one in the first 24 hours then lift it. I think it could ease the bloodbath some that the occasion game has like oddworld/kitty.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedRunGames View Post
    We typically sign games at a safe number that we know will sell out but if the pre-release hype is huge for a title and we have time, we will ask the developer if we can up the number a little.

Just as everyone has said, it's a super fine line between selling out and getting stuck with a bunch of copies of a game.
    i do get what you're saying, guess i've always just wondered if it would be such a bad thing to sit on 500 or 1000 copies of a game for a few months until they sold. i suspect you guys are past the point that one game pays for the next. you could have an online store where fairly limited physical indie releases are available for a couple of months at a time. 5,6,7 games available at any given time? you fellas would be bathing in money.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    i do get what you're saying, guess i've always just wondered if it would be such a bad thing to sit on 500 or 1000 copies of a game for a few months until they sold. i suspect you guys are past the point that one game pays for the next. you could have an online store where fairly limited physical indie releases are available for a couple of months at a time. 5,6,7 games available at any given time? you fellas would be bathing in money.
    Well, I am pretty sure that they are printing more than that base number to be on the safe side.

You need to have X number allotted giveaways to the developer for their wants, Y number which just go to Sony reps (based on what Vic has said) and also Z number for copies that get lost and you need basic fulfillment replacements for.

Plus I am betting there are a number of promo copies that are additionally made since I regularly see tweets from Metal Jesus and kelslewin along with other "famous" folks showing off their copies of the games before the public actually gets them (or the chance to buy them).
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I'm pretty sure that sitting on the sidelines judging while someone else makes the decisions that determine whether they stay in business or not is really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that sitting on the sidelines judging while someone else makes the decisions that determine whether they stay in business or not is really easy.
    as is not contributing anything to the conversation. you've just shown that too, is really easy.

The thing I posted is literally what the current conversation is about.

Quote Originally Posted by snakebilly View Post

You sound like an arsehole, and that's about it.