Page 538 of 974 FirstFirst ... 38438488528536537538539540548588638 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,380 of 9731

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post
    Not Runner 2 but rather other games that were available at the booth in good-sized piles. There were a bunch of games available to just walk up and purchase, some of which (I think?) were ones sold out from the site in minutes. I was kind of wondering when the grumpier part of the fan community would latch on to that as a reason to complain more, but so far so good.
    Oh I see what you mean. Yes they had games that were sold out months before. However even that doesn't get to me tooo much. Ive seen a few companies do it.

I remember IndieBox which was also there had stuff that sold out many months before. They straight up told me they always hold a set amount aside for trade shows. And I honestly don't blame them.

Oh, me neither! It's a good business decision, and if everything works out it should cover the cost of the booth space at a convention, raising awareness while also helping to subsidize the costs of traveling and meeting press people and developers. It's just that there are so many people telling LRG "You're doing it wrong!" that I was kind of surprised this one passed by untouched.

The only thing I thought was funny is that I went to the LRG booth and asked if they had any Firewatch. Was told no way, all gone, you won't find it. Then I literally found myself at the FireWatch booth 30 minutes later and bought a copy. That said I think even the FW people said I got one of the last copies they had.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    I have not got my Vinyl yet but if I do and its not marble and they have no spares Id be pretty upset. Sucks that Ill have to open it (i assume?) but they sell nice vinyl plastic sleeves that dont look bad.
    As far as I know. Unless someone buys a solid blue copy and can compare if there are any differences in the cover there won't be a way to tell later on. Say ebay.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

So I had requested a corrected Esther cover, said it was fine to add in an order. Well here's how they packaged it.
    esther.jpg

Stuck inside a thin scrap of cardboard which seems to be precreased. Nothing in the box seemed to have really shifted. I think it could have been done better. Even a paper towel tube would offer more protection. Atleast it didn't get creased.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Man, that's terrible haha Thankfully it survived.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    So I had requested a corrected Esther cover, said it was fine to add in an order. Well here's how they packaged it.
    esther.jpg

Stuck inside a thin scrap of cardboard which seems to be precreased. Nothing in the box seemed to have really shifted. I think it could have been done better. Even a paper towel tube would offer more protection. Atleast it didn't get creased.
    How did you get the replacement cover requested?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    How did you get the replacement cover requested?
    Send a message to their cust service. I gave the order # for esther and said to just put it in any of my orders since I order each time. Maybe tell them to pack it better too?
    Yeah, I've just seen a couple twitter messages about it and saw that way. They even said they aren't doing a mass email as they don't want to deal with the load or pay to ship it seperately.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Oh. Never bothered getting a replacement cover. What would I do with it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Oh. Never bothered getting a replacement cover. What would I do with it? lol
    Stick it in a box? Sell it? Throw it away? Open the game and swap it?
    GW Villan HQ Crew