Page 566 of 976 FirstFirst ... 66466516556564565566567568576616666 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,660 of 9757

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    *imagines a little girl making a castle out of game and game system boxes*
    Game Geartopia will never be breached by the PSP barbarians!
    Lol, I don't have a ton of cardboard stuff, and that which is boxed is normally like Genesis games in clamshells.

Anyway, the kid (or someone in her class) threw her brand new (like less than 24 hours since purchase) coat in the garbage and she didn't pull it back out and now it's gone gone gone. There was lots of discussion about the appropriate punishment for this but needless to say my wife and I are both upset about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    True. I think "those people" are getting caught up in the gotta have it all mentality, and are burned out about constant flood of releases, myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Even with nothing but good, solid, titles it'd hard not to get burned out after so many releases in so short a span.
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Was going to be a couple games a month or every couple weeks. Lately it's been about twice that plus cds/albums and alt covers. Good games or not the number of things to buy is pushing the limits for many people.
    I agree, that's the main problem here. I, for one, got off of the buy them all train when I saw the release schedule was going to get hectic.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Bwaahahaha. Good point. I'm very exhausted today after dealing with my 4 year old drama queen daughter last night.
    Nothing like some new games & vinyls to recover from that.

Lol, I don't have a ton of cardboard stuff, and that which is boxed is normally like Genesis games in clamshells.

Anyway, the kid (or someone in her class) threw her brand new (like less than 24 hours since purchase) coat in the garbage and she didn't pull it back out and now it's gone gone gone. There was lots of discussion about the appropriate punishment for this but needless to say my wife and I are both upset about it.
    >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    Nothing like some new games & vinyls to recover from that.
    LOL

I can't see myself on some sort of ambitious buy-all-of-something train with anything video game reIated. I guess I try to buy all the games I want to play, but I know that will never happen (and that's too much stuff anyway).

However, I'm probably a bit too loyal to NISA/IFFY/Square-Enix/etc., but I enjoy collecting RPGs in general and it's not the end of the world to me if a good portion of them suck or never get to be played.

I definitely need to slow down on the LEs, which I don't really want to bother with in whatever becomes the next generation of games. I'm getting closer to my 100 game per Sony console/handheld goal (though it's 50 for Vita, which I'm two games away from).

I'm already setting my sights on Wii and 360 stuff while cheap, and then I can slow down on game buying after that and focus on older Nintendo/Sega stuff (and saving for whatever games have been too expensive for me to bother with in the past). It will be nice to focus more on refining my collection instead of this current mad dash to get games while less expensive/in print/reprinted/etc.

The Switch might be the last (new) console I'll want to make an effort to get physical games for. I need to draw a line somewhere or I'll waste too much time and space for limited-this or on-sale-that and not as much time playing games as I'd like.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-26-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Tell her that hitting is A-OK and she should cuss the other child out.

The Ys VIII Limited Edition from NISA is quite nice. If you buy one LE this year, I would go with that. I can't remember the last purchase I made from them...it's been A WHILE...

Long quote:

Skullgirls LRG Update #3

May 26th, 2017
    Written By: Peter Bartholow

Once again, some time has passed since the last update on the Limited Run Games Skullgirls 2nd Encore physical edition.

We’re extremely sorry for this delay, but are happy to report that things are moving ahead once again.
    Here’s the short version:

After we thought we were done, our international partner insisted on additional bugfixes and testing.
    What seemed like one last round of testing and bug fixes turned into several, putting the game into an extended awkward limbo.
    Because costs and delays were piling up, we negotiated a final release plan with the international partner.
    Previously, all Skullgirls releases had to be identical for online play to work. While we were in this limbo, we took steps to decouple the US release from the other international releases so that they could no longer hold up the US physical release.
    The final PS4 patch is out now, and the PS Vita patch should be out shortly, allowing us to complete the final ISOs of the physical discs.

So what’s behind the latest holdup?

After we thought we were done the last time, our international release partner insisted on more bug fixes and testing.

We reluctanty agreed, because some of these could have been potentially critical bugs. So in the interest of caution, releasing the best possible product and sticking to the intent to never patch the physical release, we got back to work.
    Why does the physical version have to wait for the international partner’s approval?

All international versions of Skullgirls have to be the same in order to work online, and thus this one partner’s bugfixing requests ultimately forced a delay of the Limited Run physical release.

Once the mounting costs and delays became unsustainable, we negotiated an end to this with our international partner, which also required additional time.
    What bugs were fixed while we’ve been waiting?

The bugfixes requested by our international partner mostly centered on lobby functionality and reliability, based on their own testing efforts.

Because this additional testing and bugfixing was stretching on for some time and we’d had minimal complaints with bugs from the already-released US and EU patches, we also took steps to decouple the international releases of Skullgirls 2nd Encore from each other so that one territory would no longer present compatibility problems for the others.
    When will those final patches be released?

The final US/EU PS4 patch will have been published by the time you read this. The final US / EU PS Vita patches are currently in testing with Sony, along with the final PS3 patch.
    Why didn’t you say anything sooner?

Looking back, we should’ve said something – anything – about these additional delays, and we sincerely apologize for not addressing everyone’s concerns sooner.

Because of the nature of bugfixing and testing, every few days we thought we’d have the ability to finally say, “It’s ready!” So every few days we waited, and as the delays accrued and bugs were reported, those days turned into weeks and months.

This was a huge oversight on our part, and we should have kept everyone informed every step of the way.
    What happens once everything’s ready?

Once the final patches have been released, we’ll submit the final PS4 and PS Vita ISOs to Sony, and the game will go into manufacturing once those are approved.

Here’s a breakdown of the remaining steps, in a handy status chart, which we’ll be updating as we complete each step:

Assuming everything goes smoothly, the Graphics Approval step is estimated to take five days, the Proofing step is estimated to take two days, and then Printing and Assembly is estimated to take 3 weeks for PS4, and 4~5 weeks for PS Vita.

The PS Vita version will require more rigorous testing under the new product code, so the PS4 version will likely end up approved a few weeks ahead of time, which means PS4-only orders will be fulfilled earlier. Unfortunately, those with PS4/PS Vita bundles will have to wait until the PS Vita version arrives because shipping is not enough to cover two shipments.

Thanks for your patience and understanding – we never expected this would take so long, and can assure you that we’re just as frustrated with the delays as you are.
    http://skullgirls.com/2017/05/skullgirls-lrg-update-3/

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    The Ys VIII Limited Edition from NISA is quite nice. If you buy one LE this year, I would go with that. I can't remember the last purchase I made from them...it's been A WHILE...
    After NISA's last (and final) Atelier release arrived with The Silver Case, it's pretty much just the upcoming new Danganronpa ports and Ys VIII for me.

I didn't get a chance to pick up any of the Danganronpa games on Vita, so the PS4 releases came at right the time (same with the Zero Escape games, though I did pick up VGP's reissue of 999 w/ original cover for DS recently because I'd like to compare it to the new version once I start the series).

I imagine I'll pick up the Yomawari sequel at some point, but nothing else from NISA is really on my radar.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-26-2017 at 03:37 AM.

Anybody grabbing from the drop today?

Not me 😎

I'm not. Really! Super Cereal!