Page 816 of 976 FirstFirst ... 316716766806814815816817818826866916 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 9757

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    PS360 games still look great to me.
    Your eyesight must be going .

Picked up 1 CE of Senko, the Pax Variant, and then of course the LE of Neptunia VR.

Yeah the prices were a little ridiculous , the variant should have been 30 at most and the CE 60 at most, but they will still sell out. Its not like there is some requirement to sell out in five minutes.

Since we're reaching the point of diminishing returns costwise when it comes to improving graphics, I think the bubble needs to burst soon. It could be good for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Picked up 1 CE of Senko, the Pax Variant, and then of course the LE of Neptunia VR.

Yeah the prices were a little ridiculous , the variant should have been 30 at most and the CE 60 at most, but they will still sell out. Its not like there is some requirement to sell out in five minutes.
    But there is to them. All that stuff was limit 2 except the PAX covers. They don't make more of the games they KNOW will sell like oddworld. Seems like a selling point they must use in pitching the games. "look we sold 5k games in 5 min"
    They admitted the std verson of thimble switch has exceeded their expectations. (at 10k sold when that was commented which might include the 3k CE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    Since we're reaching the point of diminishing returns costwise when it comes to improving graphics, I think the bubble needs to burst soon. It could be good for everyone.
    LRGs bubble is bursting... wait you meant graphics.. well they're going to switch games, so yeah it's still bursting. (switch graphics joke)
    Last edited by banditwolf; 04-14-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

Well Mario 3 is one of the most fun games and based on file size....how many of it could fit into one of today's character models?

That's not to say I don't enjoy needlessly updating graphics. I would love to see just how beautiful we could remake F-Zero GX with today's tech and it still run smoothly.

I think graphics are important, but at the same time I dont think a needs high end graphics to still look visually stunning. JRPGs for the most part have always gone with either retro or 2d style graphics, and I personally find that aesthically pleasing versus the 3d cgi of FF15 which is graphically more impressive, but visually less pleasing because to me its moving away from the traditionally anime style art style the JRPGs have been known for.

The Souls series is fantastic, but its an example of the far extreme, whereby its technically a JRPG because its an rpg and made by Japanese company, but in all honesty Ive always felt the Souls felt more like a WRPG. From the combat style, to the themes, and especially the graphics, it has much more in common with Witcher , Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls than Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Persona.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I thought about Senko but...

Bullet hell is boring and price is too high.

Maybe I'll just pick up Wartech.

$50 (before shipping) was too much for me to bother.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    I think graphics are important, but at the same time I dont think a needs high end graphics to still look visually stunning. JRPGs for the most part have always gone with either retro or 2d style graphics, and I personally find that aesthically pleasing versus the 3d cgi of FF15 which is graphically more impressive, but visually less pleasing because to me its moving away from the traditionally anime style art style the JRPGs have been known for.

The Souls series is fantastic, but its an example of the far extreme, whereby its technically a JRPG because its an rpg and made by Japanese company, but in all honesty Ive always felt the Souls felt more like a WRPG. From the combat style, to the themes, and especially the graphics, it has much more in common with Witcher , Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls than Final Fantasy, Suikoden, Persona.
    I think it's because of the diminishing returns and high cost of "realism" that we're leaning more toward stylized graphics...cel shading...things of that sort. I fully support it and have since the first time I saw Wind Waker in video. I was pissed even through the screenshots..but once I saw it in motion, I didn't mind them not going the "realistic" route again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    PS3 is just like the PS4, except worse quality obviously. The Vita is actually something special, although my attention has shifted to the Switch now with regards to "console games made portable" so...

I think the ps4 is a great system and may eventually take over the ps2. The vita is ok but imo the ps4 is better, I am kinda bias though because im not really into playing handhelds. I got a 3ds for emergency power outages but hardly ever use it.
    Last edited by shinoff2183; 04-15-2018 at 05:31 PM.