Page 467 of 973 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567967 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 9726

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I'd be surprised if Sega still had many of the original assets, let alone the masters, for Saturn games. It is Sega we're talking about .

Edit: I suspect that as soon as Klown got those games he'd demand the death of the reprints.
    I actually have no problem with reprints as long as they are distinguishable, and if those saturn on sega cd games were reprinted I would have no problem with them being packaged as such.

Honestly its not different from books, something is a first edition or second edition etc, and with books you get into stuff like first edition first print; and then even further down in the desirability scale first edition first print country of origin.

That is one thing that never really translated to games, it doesn't matter where the game was originally printed, but with books a first edition from the authors is actually desired.

Hey my advice to you is half price books, second hand stores, and pawn shops. I could easily see a ps2 game like rule of rose being 5 bucks in one of those places.

Regarding Yakuza 2, isn't that game old enough that it still had a security sticker, which the 4 pack wont. I know that is one of the ways collectors distinguished the Disgaea and Nocturne reprints from the originals. Actually the noctorne reprint didn't have the ost either.
    Last edited by KrownKlown; 02-14-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebilly View Post
    I can't believe I did it, but I bought the four pack off of VGP. I know if I looked hard enough, I could no doubt find yakuza 3/4 at a cheaper price.

I'm just glad this brings down the yakuza 2 price down to bearable for a new copy. I remember seeing beat to **** used copy's in stores with no manuals for $$80ish
    I spent under $50 on the series just a few years ago. Video games have gotten way too nutty lately with all the tools getting into it only to flame out shortly after blowing obscene amounts of money.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    I actually have no problem with reprints as long as they are distinguishable, and if those saturn on sega cd games were reprinted I would have no problem with them being packaged as such.

Honestly its not different from books, something is a first edition or second edition etc, and with books you get into stuff like first edition first print; and then even further down in the desirability scale first edition first print country of origin.

That is one thing that never really translated to games, it doesn't matter where the game was originally printed, but with books a first edition from the authors is actually desired.

Hey my advice to you is half price books, second hand stores, and pawn shops. I could easily see a ps2 game like rule of rose being 5 bucks in one of those places.
    I dumped that game like a rock before it was anywhere near triple digits. If I bought Rule of Rose again it would be to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I spent under $50 on the series just a few years ago. Video games have gotten way too nutty lately with all the tools getting into it only to flame out shortly after blowing obscene amounts of money.

I dumped that game like a rock before it was anywhere near triple digits. If I bought Rule of Rose again it would be to sell it.
    INSTANT COLLECTION NURRRrrr
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Rule of Rose is so bad. The music was the only good thing about it.

Tubsi wubsi T R I G G E R E D

Friday's mistery game finally announced:

If you missed the last two retweets, we're doing a physical disc of @ChineseRoom's Dear Esther Landmark Edition on PS4! Available Friday!

Also, one for The Evil Twins (PC & PS4):

Announcement: We will be teaming up with @ThunderLotus to bring you Sundered! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1807034
    In order to get the Kickstarter Exclusive version, you will need to back the CA$ 100 tier.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Every play-through a unique experience, with randomly generated audio, visuals and events.
    Ew. Did no one learn the lesson taught by No Man's Turd?

No clue on those games. And I thought LRG said they were done with KS stuff for the moment. Guess not.

SO I just got emails saying that both of my last two orders have labels printed. Don't know why it's taking so long on Aqua Kitty.
    Last edited by banditwolf; 02-15-2017 at 12:28 AM.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

I played Sundered at PSX this year. I was really impressed. Great art style with combo driven fast action in a Metroidvania style setup. From the makers of Jotun, which was a very good atmospheric indie action-RPG. Jotun was light on content, but one of the more enjoyable experiences from the past years.

Sundered is a really good pick up. By far the best of the Kickstarter exclusives IMHO.
    Last edited by EternalB; 02-15-2017 at 01:26 AM.
    PSN/Steam/XBL - DrgnSlayerDyne

I can 100% say I am not going to buy that mind numbing walking simulator Dear Esther. What a trashy game.

I hope it takes forever for the 5000 copy's to sell