Page 960 of 975 FirstFirst ... 460860910950958959960961962970 ... LastLast
Results 9,591 to 9,600 of 9745

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Is Azur Lane available anywhere else? And does anybody know when preorders close for it? Do I even want battleship waifu's?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar14 View Post
    Is Azur Lane available anywhere else? And does anybody know when preorders close for it? Do I even want battleship waifu's?
    Do you really want my real response?

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Do you really want my real response?
    Yes, please.

Yes, it's an Iffy release so it's available through them. I think the LRG thing is just a tactic to get more exposure.
    http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/azur-lane-crosswave-LE/

ALSO, Iffy offers free shipping on preorders which makes them a better option in my opinion. I'll probably get it from them when it eventually goes on clearance :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Did someone here go to their event this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    Did someone here go to their event this weekend?
    I did not but saw some interesting Tweets about it. A guy I know locally though was willing to pick up a copy of Night Trap with the 32X cover for me.
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Didn't know LRG was still relevant in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I did not but saw some interesting Tweets about it. A guy I know locally though was willing to pick up a copy of Night Trap with the 32X cover for me.
    Seems like the people that assisted had a good time. It was a nice chance to get some stuff, like the bird king game.

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    Seems like the people that assisted had a good time. It was a nice chance to get some stuff, like the bird king game.
    I totally forgot about asking him to get me a copy of Bird King.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    I guess one of the larger parts of what stirred up the controversy is a guy claiming he sent John 3 boxed rare SNES games in the hopes of selling them to him. Apparently John said he would have an "expert" look at them first to determine if they were real. Long story short John told the guy that sent him the games they were fakes and his "friend/expert" actually threw them out... Guy claims he had the originals since he was a kid as well. But to further the story its been said by people around John that those 3 boxed games are actually sitting in his collection. Its been claimed he's done this shady practice of claiming peoples stuff is fake and then keeping them instead of buying them.
    Popping in real quick for my once yearly post. I've known John for about a decade now and this just doesn't sound like something he'd do. I have no knowledge of the event in question, or if it even happened, but I can say that when John has an "expert" look at an item, that expert is almost always me. Being that I haven't heard of this I'm suspicious. I've never seen him claim an item as fake and keeping it, really not something he would do. As for throwing a game away fake or not, nah. The story of someone sending games and then hoping to come to a deal at a later date doesn't sound legit at all. I wouldn't send out expensive games without having at least a tentative deal and I can't imagine anyone else would either.

In regards to the museum, it's certainly not a scam as I've seen people call it. John is very passionate about games, more so than anyone else I've met. He was one of the founders of the Portland retro gaming expo, and the founder of its sister show Cowlitz Gamers For Kids. We used to have monthly retro gaming meetups for the local crowd just for fun. I worked with him on the Cowlitz show for years. None of us organizers for that show ever made a dime from it. The expenses were paid for by PRGE and 100% of the proceeds went to charity (CJAC and then later the ARC of Cowlitz county). We've done a couple PRGE panels together (not 2019, that guy isn't me) as well as other projects. John does these things for the love of games and it's hard for him to see how anyone can see it differently. The negative public perception just isn't something that even occurs to him. That being said, the museum is a complex project. I personally think it's a bad idea to take donations before it is up and running but I wouldn't for a second doubt that he has good intentions with those items. I do see how it looks bad as it is and that's why I think it's a bad idea to solicit or talk about receiving donations at this point. Besides, John has been scammed before (once by a former WD employee even) he knows how it feels to be on the receiving end.

I've also seen the video where the guy is talking about the magical chase that John bought and used it as proof that John was scamming by asking for donations (by claiming that he had lost his job). The story there is exactly as John told it. He had lost his job suddenly and a week or two later magical chase walked into Corey's store. Knowing that John had lost his job Corey worked out a payment arrangement with him. He did get a job shortly after. Sure it's financially irresponsible but none of what he said was a lie in anyway.

Bird King. He probably should have made more copies. When you're doing an indie project it's hard to predict how many copies to make. Profit margins are slim to none so no one wants to get stuck with extras. I recently made a third run of Polybius for the 2600. Hard Copy Games (similar to limited run) contacted me to do a run. Since it's an Atari 2600 game that almost no one knew about we decided on small run so that if the release was a flop we wouldn't be out much money. When the sales went live it sold out in 20 seconds. Severely underestimated. From talking with Josh at limited run it sounded like he was in a similar situation. Just underestimated it and the MJR video brought way more attention to it than was expected. I could be wrong as I didn't talk to him for more than a minute but that's the impression I got.