Page 961 of 973 FirstFirst ... 461861911951959960961962963971 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,610 of 9728

Thread: Limited Run Games - physical runs of digital games

Thanks for the update, but perceptions are different from our point of view, and that's what everyone goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJS82 View Post
    Bird King. He probably should have made more copies. When you're doing an indie project it's hard to predict how many copies to make. Profit margins are slim to none so no one wants to get stuck with extras. From talking with Josh at limited run it sounded like he was in a similar situation. Just underestimated it and the MJR video brought way more attention to it than was expected. I could be wrong as I didn't talk to him for more than a minute but that's the impression I got.
    He almost certainly did print more copies, in fact there's no way in hell he didn't. Really though, you expect us to believe people who dabble in collector's garbage didn't have ANY idea what would happen when HIDDEN GEM MAN made a video about this mythical rare, totally not artificial stadium events? No idea at all?

Youtube has become "free publicity" for these game companies to advertise their games and drive up hype.

Advertise my game on your channel, and I'll give you a copy for $10! You're still buying the game, just not at the going rate!

I mean, Super Gunworld 2 took a lot of time to sell, even with the low numbers and the extra trading cards. I can see why he/they thought Bird King wouldn't need a bigger print. The thing is that the game has a general mist of unattainability surrounding it and doesn't help that MJR did that video with some erroneous information on it.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I've known JJJJJS82 on the Internet for around 20 years now. Since the original WDMB (he may not remember me since my username changed in later years). I've always found him to be an honorable dude. I trust his judgement on this stuff. He's never given me any reason to believe otherwise in the past 20 years.

I can't speak for any of the other folks. I don't know anything about John, beyond his videos. But if he says that John is a stand-up guy, I have no reason to disagree.

Cue the "old man Z" jokes.

I hope we reach those levels of mad dog years, Zee. <3

Read the whole thing, then saw this
    Besides, John has been scammed before (once by a former WD employee even) he knows how it feels to be on the receiving end.
    I have an idea who I bet that scammer is, I remember hearing about one guy who was particularly kind of creepy and good at missing deadlines.

Regarding John though I've no doubt he has good intentions, but when he's basically a brand at this point he needs to make sure puts some forethought into what he says. The internet nowadays can turn on a dime and be merciless with someone for even a single misstep.

Also if you ever do that new Spot my 32X collection would appreciate it. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Read the whole thing, then saw this

I have an idea who I bet that scammer is, I remember hearing about one guy who was particularly kind of creepy and good at missing deadlines.

Regarding John though I've no doubt he has good intentions, but when he's basically a brand at this point he needs to make sure puts some forethought into what he says. The internet nowadays can turn on a dime and be merciless with someone for even a single misstep.

Also if you ever do that new Spot my 32X collection would appreciate it. XD
    Yep. Lots of angry babies that get their panties in a bunch over nothing. Gamers are especially bad these days.

In regards to the museum, it's certainly not a scam as I've seen people call it. John is very passionate about games, more so than anyone else I've met.
    My real issue with John is that he is so bitter towards the Last Gamer guy from Australia. I think Joel, the LG, is the most passionate collector Ive ever seen and has the best collection in the world. He also plays everything and is extremely passionate about playing the games. John comes off as jealous for some reason and I have no idea why.

***** envy