Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nier 2 is called "Nier Automata"

Hybrid View

Nier 2 is called "Nier Automata"

As Famitsu leaks come in, the next NieR game is reportedly title as “NieR Automata”. Nier Automata takes place on the devasted planet earth, and a battle between Androids created by humans, against the “Machine organisms” sent by the enemies of mankind.

In the upcoming Famitsu magazine, it apparently shows the characters and setting by Akihiko Yoshida. A character who appears to be the protagonist is called “Yorha #2 Type B” and holds both a sword and great sword. Long ranged attacks are made possible by a system called “pods”.

More information is due to come during Paris Games Week this week.
    http://gamestalk.net/nier-automata/
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/1...nier-automata/

Here’s a short summary on Taro Yoko’s YoRHa stage play:

During the during the 14th Machine Armament War in the year 11,939AD, humans are near extinction. With the invasion of the “Living Machines”, humanity had no choice but to abandon the planet, taking refuge upon the Moon. Their only hope lie in an armada of specially configured androids called “YoRHa”. Programmed with human emotions and feelings, they descend upon the surface of the planet to combat the ceaseless onslaught of the Machines.

No.2, after witnessing the destruction of her unit and the last of the Resistance, a failed YoRHa expedition hundreds of years before her time, she is alone among a cold, unfeeling world ruled by machines.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/27...nier-automata/

Last edited by JWiley_12; 10-27-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

That looks f***in' incredible!

Looks nice

I've been out of the new game loop for a while now. What games currently look the best? Is this close?

Whenever Japan is involved assume the answer is no.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I want to believe. I want to have faith that this will be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Isn't Platinum doing this? If so, it will be fantastic.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

The concept art is nice, but I want to see what it looks like in-game already.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    It is Platinum, so it will at least be a good action game. I just hope that they don't lose what made Nier good in an attempt to make it play better. Transformers Devastation is a solid game that lacks a lot in depth, but I still have no real complaints about any of Platinum's work even if I'm not much of a fan of Mad World.

The storyline details aren't entirely different than Ending E of Nier, where there is an alien invasion after the events of Nier. Any remaining humans are few and far between, and Emil becomes a cyborg skeleton and fights them off. So this sounds like a variant of that ending, which became an audio drama in Japan. So it's basically about as stupid sounding as the plot of most Kojima Metal Gear games, and coincidentally Platinum did one of those as well with Rising.

I hope that there are real ties to the first game, and characters as well, but Yoko Taro doesn't tend to do that. I won't spoil the ending of Nier, but I really want to undo the tragic events that happen, as a part of this game.

Part of this article seems a bit wrong though, almost like there is misinformation or mistranslation somewhere. YoRHa is the name of Taro's stage play and it's not new, so it's weird that they would simply turn those concepts into a game. I guess that's pretty typical of Japanese media though; Exploit every potential medium.

@zborg: please keep spoilers in [spoiler] tags tyvm.

There will be a preview of the game in this week's Famitsu.

The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast