Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 176

Thread: Nier 2 is called "Nier Automata"

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,105
    Nier Automata looks absolutely amazing, and I'm not into super-action games, normally. Unfortunately I'm getting the Switch on the 3rd, so I shouldn't buy Nier Automata at launch... I'll have Zelda.

  2. #162
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,325
    So I've been looking at reviews/videos of this game and it looks pretty good. I know I'll like it (since I generally liked the Drakengard/Nier games), but that full price tag is hard to do on most games these days. I even skipped FFXV for now (they are releasing patches/DLC regularly). By the time I get around to it, it should be relatively stable.

  3. #163
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Should be $20-30 in almost no time.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  4. #164
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,549
    A Drakengard / Nier game released to nierly universal acclaim? This honestly almost scares me. Not only that, it's the GameFAQs #1 rated PS4 game, for the time being. Also #2 on Metacritic for the past 90 days. Granted, it's still too early to tell. Not that those ratings mean anything. I loved the original Nier and it had terrible reviews.

    I've tried to avoid reading anything because I want to wait to play it. I still don't have a PS4 and I'm trying to find the will to finish Drakengard 3 but other stuff has become a priority.

    Evidently the story is really thin on the first play-through and you need to unlock the C-branch to get it to really start to shine. This is no surprise since this is typical of this series, but some games have handled it better than others. Drakengard 3 was a train wreck, though still a bit enjoyable.

  5. #165
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,501
    Yeah, I'm excited to play this one but I've got a number of other things on my plate so I gotta hold off. In time my precious!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  6. #166
    Senior Member Best1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Interstellar Funk Space Station
    Posts
    3,028
    This series certainly intrigues me, I'll need to play them along the road, but I see that the first one is a Zborg favorite.

  7. #167
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,836
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    A Drakengard / Nier game released to nierly universal acclaim? This honestly almost scares me. Not only that, it's the GameFAQs #1 rated PS4 game, for the time being. Also #2 on Metacritic for the past 90 days. Granted, it's still too early to tell. Not that those ratings mean anything. I loved the original Nier and it had terrible reviews.

    I've tried to avoid reading anything because I want to wait to play it. I still don't have a PS4 and I'm trying to find the will to finish Drakengard 3 but other stuff has become a priority.

    Evidently the story is really thin on the first play-through and you need to unlock the C-branch to get it to really start to shine. This is no surprise since this is typical of this series, but some games have handled it better than others. Drakengard 3 was a train wreck, though still a bit enjoyable.


    Spoiler: 
    What is a Lord of Trolls? Nothing but a miserable pile of anime images.

  8. #168
    Senior Member Best1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Interstellar Funk Space Station
    Posts
    3,028
    Yeah, I tried to avoid that terrible pun, but I guess it's inevitable.

    That's Slayers? That was a good one.

  9. #169
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    Yeah, I tried to avoid that terrible pun, but I guess it's inevitable.

    That's Slayers? That was a good one.
    Aye, it is. After seeing them, I've always thought the OVAs and the movie are better than the shows. All the fun and silliness without the SRSBSNS that the shows devolve into.


    As for Nier and Drakengard, maybe Z is right. I can't be arsed to sink time into a game that requires multiple playthroughs to make sense or be halfway decent though.

  10. #170
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Aye, it is. After seeing them, I've always thought the OVAs and the movie are better than the shows. All the fun and silliness without the SRSBSNS that the shows devolve into.


    As for Nier and Drakengard, maybe Z is right. I can't be arsed to sink time into a game that requires multiple playthroughs to make sense or be halfway decent though.
    It's a bit misleading because in most of the games they are complete branches rather than playthroughs. In Nier, it was essentially a replay of the second half but with new content, and you can plow right through it since you are overpowered. The alternate branches are pretty enjoyable, surprisingly. Not so much in Drakengard 3. Lots of rehashed areas with bad gameplay.

    In general, the time involved is still far less than some games though, but they admittedly still demand a lot of attention.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •